Big skunk!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Big skunk!

Post by dreamcatcher »

Headed out from the marina this morning had easlyamused along for the ride. It was pretty chopping as we got out into the outer bay, we made our way over to the sandbar bridge,on the way over gave a radio check to Reelax nice to say hello. Got under the bridge and it was a know go for me waves were much bigger turned around and went back under into the outer bay. We made a lope from Robinson point over to the fill and down to thayer's which took a while waves really started picking up by then. Had a few releases but know one home. May be calmer tommorow, so I think I'll give it a shot if the forecast dose'nt change to bad. So today was a big "S" not even a perch! :roll: Headed in around 12:30pm. Hopefully Reelax had some action!
KEN K.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Big skunk!

Post by raz »

That's one of the things that keeps us going back-the challenge.
Weather looks less bumpy tomorrow...good luck if you go out.
Thanks for the report.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Ya Raz; you win some you lose some it still was better than sitting at home it sure was bumpy! I see you guys landed 3, see what tomorrow brings thanks for the reply! :)
KEN K.
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Way to keep at it. Looking forward to a pic of one of those IS lunkers soon!
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

plantstone wrote:Way to keep at it. Looking forward to a pic of one of those IS lunkers soon!
Hopefully that will happen soon! :)
KEN K.
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Forced to fish the outer bay and came out skunked. I wish I could say that never happened to me. But it has. Especially this time of year. A very difficult place to catch Salmon the last few years. Did you mark much bait? I wonder how the state did with baitfish surveys this year? I know they were out there looking or them. Thanks for the report.
Thorny
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thorny wrote:Forced to fish the outer bay and came out skunked. I wish I could say that never happened to me. But it has. Especially this time of year. A very difficult place to catch Salmon the last few years. Did you mark much bait? I wonder how the state did with baitfish surveys this year? I know they were out there looking or them. Thanks for the report.
Thorny
Rob; I did see some bait balls 60 to 80 feet in the loop from Robisons point to the fill. I was running lures this time and not small stick baits like before in front of the lamoille. I've noticed this time of year last year an this year smaller baits did well in the bay inner and outer, small speedy shiners! I think it was friday or saturday I picked up 6 salmon in front of the lamoille on the stick baits.
KEN K.