fishing the bar,,,,WOW

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

fishing the bar,,,,WOW

Post by instigator »

First I would like to thank my Wife, she got up early and put up with me for a week,the only time she didnt speak to me was when I had a 20 lb king in the net and I stuck the handle thru the drop curtain and wacked her in the nose,,(after that she paid attention) she is a heck of a driver, we never lost a fish from a broken leader or hook, only lure lost was on a cheater that wasnt hooked on the line(whoops)thanks Ron
Mike the 2 Kens Brian and hey jude,, Mike was a gracious host for dinner and on the water, info is always needed, thanks Jim (tamiron) for the lures and thanks Don (shadewinds) also for the lures, thanks Obie
(cloud nine charters)for the flys,, alot of our fish were on spoons, I called it the ugly spread, brown trout
rainbow trout and shiner spoons, also green white honey bee spoons,most of the time I had 1 pole on each rigger and 1 lite bite, later in the week I tried cheaters, with only me on the back of the boat it wasnt easy
especially with 6 ftrs rolling down the lake, we ended up with 47 kings of all sizes 24.3 being the biggest
6 kohos 4 steelhead 8 lbs the biggest, 2 lakers 13 lbs the biggest with 1 eye, and the 2 atlantics 9 lbs and 10 lbs 15 minutes apart, what a week, I will return, and hope the wife will go back also, at least she brought her luggage in the house when we got home (THANK YOU GOD)till next time Reggie and Sandy
a familure boat
cant wait till next year
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Re: fishing the bar,,,,WOW

Post by browntown »

Huey Lewis was signing this song in the 1980's
:)
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

way cool Reggie,it was great having a group of boats working together out there, made it easier to dial them in from day to day ( damn fish are always swimming). glad to hear a return trip is on the calander for next year, need more guys from here to make the spring trip.

Rons boat looks like its rigged for bear, taking advantage of the 3 rod rule, awesome!!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Entertaining posting Reggie.
Beautiful pics... and awesome catches. Memories for a life time.

Maybe next year I will have the chance to be there too!
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
sundawner
Species: salmon

Post by sundawner »

nice fish i have a seasonal campsite in wilson, its been great this year, will be looking for people to fish this summer
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great trip report Reggie! We were joking about my boat looking like a Chinese laundry that afternoon when the sun came out after the steady rain in the early am.

Incredible trip. Can't wait till next year! Hope Sandy can go again.
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

Guys, those are some seriously nice fish! We've got to do a trip to Lake Ontario!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

you are now officially .... spoiled :D
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Reggie:

Sorry it took so long for me to see this post - tough year!

You are welcome for the spoons! Fishing machine has got it right ... can spoil you! But it is a lot of work and the catching doesn't always match the fishing ... but when it does it sure leads to great memories and I hope you have many more. / Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen