Where to see Tracker Grizzly/Lowe Roughneck boats??

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Matt
Species: Any

Where to see Tracker Grizzly/Lowe Roughneck boats??

Post by Matt »

So I've had way too much free time on my hands from being out of work from an injury, and I've given some serious thought towards a new boat in the next few years. Since I now live on the Lake, and have a boat launch on our property, it seems like this is all going to waste without a nice boat to use here :lol:

I would mainly be targeting warmwater species, but really anything in the Lake would be fair game. I narrowed it down to a Lowe Roughneck or a Tracker Grizzly. They both seem to be boats more suited to shallower waters. I'm hoping to stalk fish via sight fishing with a push pole on a platform up front and in the back if possible. Those two boats seem to fit the bill very well but also look well suited to fish for walleye if I ever got into it more. The boats I'm looking at are way more than I would ever really need, but the way I see it is that a boat of that value is a long-term investment, and I know down the road I will probably venture into other species as I learn the Lake a bit more.

So, my question is - where in the Burlington/Swanton area would I even be able to see these boats in person? It's hard to judge them by pictures alone, and would love to check them out in person before making any decisions. This won't be happening anytime soon, and I'm always on the lookout for used boats that fit the bill, but financing a NEW boat with NEW everything seems like the safest bet but obviously not the most economical. For the time being, my little jon boat with an electric motor is good enough, but my head is in the clouds after looking at new boats. So, does anyone know if there are either model of those that I'd be able to see in person? 17-18', SC or CC?

Thanks!
SUNFISH
Species: perch

Re: Where to see Tracker Grizzly/Lowe Roughneck boats??

Post by SUNFISH »

Matt, Where will you be launching out of and what part of the lake do you hope to reach?
Dick
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

check out Hewescraft boats
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

There is a new Grizzly 16' at VT Home and Marine. It's a tiller unit, but would give you an idea of the size and quality.
Luna Sea
Species: trout

Post by Luna Sea »

If you would like a good used boat we could talk, It will do everything you want plus more.
Check it out Ebay 2005 Aquasport 215 Osprey 802 839 0040
Fish Magnet 1
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

fish magnet 1 wrote:If you would like a good used boat we could talk, It will do everything you want plus more.
Check it out Ebay 2005 Aquasport 215 Osprey 802 839 0040
Fish Magnet 1

It don't look like it goes in shallow water like he is lookin for :mrgreen:
Matt B
Lazybones
Species: The dumb ones

Post by Lazybones »

Find yourself an older Whaler. A 13 might be big enough for your needs. A 17 will allow you to fish most anywhere, anytime. Both are extremely stable and make excellent platforms for fly casting. Both can get in the skinny water no problem. The 17 will get you home in just about any conditions Champlain will throw at you. Find an 80's era in good condition and you will be able to pass it down to your grandchildren.
tiny

Post by tiny »

Lazybones wrote:Find yourself an older Whaler. A 13 might be big enough for your needs. A 17 will allow you to fish most anywhere, anytime. Both are extremely stable and make excellent platforms for fly casting. Both can get in the skinny water no problem. The 17 will get you home in just about any conditions Champlain will throw at you. Find an 80's era in good condition and you will be able to pass it down to your grandchildren.
What a genius idea! I'm trying to connect Matt with my buddy who is selling a 17' Wahoo which is an almost identical hull design to a whaler and is a perfect fly fishing boat. Awesome boat for fishing shallow but we also rip across bays at 50mph (and take a beating).