cowbanks sunday

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
kmac
Species: all

cowbanks sunday

Post by kmac »

had a hour or so to kill, so went to the cowbanks with my jigstick. Ice was starting to get soft and id bet only a day or two left. Be carful!! Bite was slow but steady of the white perch variety, Managed enough for meal of fish tacos. Guys who play there often had bent poles more often than i.

-ken
tiny

Re: cowbanks sunday

Post by tiny »

kmac wrote:had a hour or so to kill, so went to the cowbanks with my jigstick. Ice was starting to get soft and id bet only a day or two left. Be carful!! Bite was slow but steady of the white perch variety, Managed enough for meal of fish tacos. Guys who play there often had bent poles more often than i.

-ken
I was out there also (in the red eskimo shanty) from 12 to 3. We never found the school but two of us almost filled a 7 gallon pail. The fish we did catch were way bigger than my last trip. Dumped the pail at the end of the day and all of the fish were 8.5" and up including 10 or so over 12". Definitely my last day on the ice, cowbanks had ~6" but it looked noticeably weaker by the end of the day.
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Post by Del Gue »

Went out on Friday and Saturday. Had a crazy bite on Friday but Saturday was much slower. I think we are on borrowed time with the ice. It went from ~8 inches of ice on Friday to about ~6 inches on Saturday and the shore was starting to thaw. Can't complain, ended up with 17 pounds of perch fillets in two days. I hope we at least put a dent in the white perch population. We will see what happens when I start dragging Salmon spoons out there in a month or so.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Del Gue wrote: We will see what happens when I start dragging Salmon spoons out there in a month or so.
Chances are...I'll be right along side you!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry