Truck broken into today at Converse

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Truck broken into today at Converse

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Sad day.. Back from fishing and someone thought I had something worth stealing to bust the passenger window of my truck with half a concrete cinder block at the scene. Last time this happened was at Shelburne Pond for me 1978.

Thinking of purchasing a video camera system to record break-in attempts. Never leave anything of value in your truck. I luckily had nothing the thieves wanted. Although they cleaned out my middle storage area between the front seats.

Does anyone know if there is a camera in the Converse parking lot? I remember seeing a sign warning of such.

Mistress
Species: cold water

Re: Truck broken into today at Converse

Post by Mistress »

WOW Ron that bites!!! Fishing accesses are almost sacred grounds and the thought that some scumbag had balls enough to mess with a sportsman’s vehicle is disturbing to say the least. Unfortunately in this day and age unless a thug rapes a judge’s wife nothing will come of it even if they are caught.
Having worked in the Burlington area for the past 20 years and broken into I stopped locking my truck because there is nothing more aggravating the trying to get a side window replaced.
Perhaps karma will prevail and the dirtbag will get his dues!
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

Ron,
I reached out to Dylan with F&W to see if they have cameras in the area and if so perhaps save anything from today that may be helpful. I will PM you his answer
Pat
digitroll (ron)

Thanks Pat! First time in 45 years. I got a very early start at 5 am so I think I was the early victim today. I also reached out to Dylan to see if there was a camera there. I remember sign describing that early this year. Fingers crossed. Thanks!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Imagewow Ron that SUCKs!!!!

Let me know if there is any thing I can do to help with this ugly mess!!!

Matt
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Thanks Matt and Pat.. I just want people to be aware and vigilant parking there or any other remote access. Don't leave anything in your truck! Be careful!
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

This just sucks you go out for a day of fishing to enjoy yourself an come back to this. Been many yrs since I've last been to that launch when I worked for the dock doctors back in 07' sure slot has change but, maybe by some chance house alone the road has camera before the access. Hoping you find some info out an I still talk with many guys from the dock doctors that use that area an many others an will have them keep their ears open let me know if they hear anything.
digitroll (ron)

Maybe backing the trailer into the parking spot so the truck is more visible?
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sad day indeed.
I'm sorry that happened to you Ron.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

Sorry about this, Ron.

Breakins at nearby Mt. Philo State Park have occurred too frequently. Earlier this week a visitor to the park observed what she thought to be a breakin that was underway. She reported descriptions of the suspects along with a description of the car they left in. Maybe the police will apprehend these individuals.

Again, sorry.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
bagman
Species: trout

Post by bagman »

I had stuff stolen from my truck a few years back down there. I think the state gave up on a porta potty down there last year because it kept getting burned
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Same thing happened to a friend of mine when she was walking her dog at Red Rocks. What they have figured out is we will be away from the truck for a period of time. Guess I need to empty items out of my truck.
So sorry to hear about this Ron
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Hey Ron,

Can you let me.......or everyone know what you find out about a camera for your truck....one they can't steal.... thanks much
digitroll (ron)

I gave up on a camera that the thieves can't steal. Called Yipes in Williston and they offer dash cams but not meant for the interior and there visible. Not anything great on the Google search either. Still going to keep locking my truck and keep it empty of anything of value. I drove down the access parking area this afternoon searching the bushes for my missing tray in my center console they took as well. Hoping they tossed it in the bushes. The tray is $68 to replace. I guess I don't need it now to replace it. The launch area Guru Dylan said they sometimes set up game cameras at problematic parking areas at access areas. He was going to ask the covering warden if they had any down there active yesterday. Long shot.

Not really any great news. Window is getting replaced tomorrow at Burlington glass in South Burlington. I could set up my own game camera near where I park down there but that would be kind of a pain in the but.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

As a Charlotte resident and a fisherman, I'm sorry to hear this. My Jeep was broken into about 2 years ago at work in our garage in Burlington. I never locked it (it's a Jeep thing, but I don't want thieves cutting into the soft top) and there was a pile of stuff on the back seat. They were interrupted. Now we have a gate, but the same sentiment. It sucks. Mt. Philo has had a long history of car break ins, but this is the first I've heard from the Converse ramp.