? for the browns experts

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

? for the browns experts

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

I will like to know if from April 20th until the end of April in witch area should offer the prime time for the big browns: Sodus Point or around Mexico Bay?
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Re: ? for the browns experts

Post by Dirtyhooker »

I am no expert But I would have to say both. I believe the key is to stay flexible.On a blow out of the east/se mexico can be the ticket or the Oswego Harbor. South wind Sodus Poultneyville and Fairhaven are all excellent.Find a place to stay in Fairhaven or Oswego and you are looking at 1/2 hour to 45 min drive in the morn to launch from Mexico to Sodus. Be flexible . Last April we drove to Mexico in a monsoon. 20+mph and rain out of the sse. We new Champlain and George were not fishable due to the wind. Although boat control was interesting we only had a chop to less than 1 ft waves due to the wind coming off shore.We had a slammer day with 26 browns . I believe Srewy Louies rent cabins in Fairhaven. Also is the Anchor Resort and B&B.
Scott
So many Lures So little Time
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: ? for the browns experts

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Thanks for the quick up-date
Last year we stayed at Srewy Louies cabins in Fairhaven but tomorrow I will try to get something in the state park in Fare Haven.