Chipotle Salmon Burger

Share your recipes! We all love to eat!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Chipotle Salmon Burger

Post by Reelax »

Chipotle Salmon Burger Serves 4; yields about 12 mini-burger patties This delicious omega-3, brain-boosting salmon burger is the tastiest way to have it all. The Creamy Chive Sauce is like a more-delicious version of tartar sauce — and pairs perfectly with any type of fish. 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 3 tablespoons reduced- sodium tamari soy sauce ½ red bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and finely chopped ½ small red onion, finely chopped 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped (omit for kids) ½ cup panko bread crumbs ½ cup flaxseed meal 1 large egg, beaten 18- ounce high- quality boneless and skinless wild salmon, drained 2 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil For Serving 1 package regular or gluten- free mini-slider buns, toasted 12 small kale leaves, tough ribs or stems removed, torn ½ red onion, thinly sliced Creamy Chive Sauce ½ cup Greek yogurt ¼ cup fresh chives, finely sliced on the diagonal 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, and soy sauce. Add the bell pepper, onion, and chopped chipotle peppers, and stir until well combined. Fold in the panko, flaxseed, and beaten egg. Gently fold in the salmon. Divide the mixture into six equal parts and, using clean hands, shape each into a ball. Pat each ball into 2½-inch-wide and ¾-inch- thick burger patties. Place the patties into an airtight container and cover. Heat a medium grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, reduce the heat to medium, and cook the patties, in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently turn them over and brown the opposite sides for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the cooked patties to a paper towel–lined plate while you prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, chives, and Worcestershire sauce. To serve, place each burger on a toasted bun, smear on a dollop of the sauce, and layer on the kale and thinly sliced red onion. Image pic added by request
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: Chipotle Salmon Burger

Post by Surprise »

Hey Chef How bout a picture to enhance our culinary cravings.... :D

Sure pushed the bar up on that one and healthy too! ;)
Fish On!
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

How can we get that on the menu for the next REELAX trip. DAMN I'm already hungry!

DA
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

Looks tasty! Have to give that one a try
________