Favorite Spring Brown Trout Presentations

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Re: Favorite Spring Brown Trout Presentations

Post by jusfishin »

Shake, good advice, last year the water was very low as well, right in front of moon beach I went up with a wave and came down right on top of a volkswagen beetle.....you are right, there are some monster boulders from 9 mile pt all the way to the crane with the exception of both sides of the chute....it is dangerous getting in the skinny. Luckily I only gave up the scag....how the prop/lower unit stayed intact I will never know, the boat stopped dead. Even in the 8-10 ft mark with low water some of those boulders are just under the surface in low water.....

Newbies to the spring brown fishing should read Bigfish posts, from my experience, he is spot on.........! We start 75 back on the inside, and 100 on the outside, and stretch them out as the water clears......natural colors are dominant as the water clears.....from sticks to spoons to flies.....and if you have to go offshore, do as he recommends, spread the water column until you find the ticket.....If you find mixed water and good fishing(like the last couple years), I'm not convinced it really matters what you have out, we had several occasions in the last 2 years where every rod goes...when you have 8 fish on, life is good....14 days to departure.......yahoooooooo......
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Hey jusfishin,
Ouch! That had to be a scary moment landing on that boulder, glad you did not sustain too much damage. Good luck out there, we are heading out the weekend of the 21st.
See you on the pond!
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Lally,
Just noticed your post with that Hog Brown! Beautiful fish!
See you on the pond!
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)
Species: ANY FISH THAT WANTS TO PLAY!!

Post by FISHCRAZY(LALLY) »

Thanks Shake...... I'm in the middle of a new boat project and just Jonesing to go fishing :( Thanks to all that are posting!!! I will contribute when I finally get out there!!!! Great info guys.......... Yikes on the VW!!!!!
" IN MY EYES ALL FISH ARE CREATED EQUALLY"