Shaye D Winds and Limited Out in LO 9/6-9/13

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Re: Shaye D Winds and Limited Out in LO 9/6-9/13

Post by champlain fisher »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Nice photos Don. hmmm 8 more months. :mrgreen:
Ron they are just starting to run the bigger rivers. More like what day will the flood gates open. Those fish are a blast on river gear. If you have never battled a king or a coho in strong river current I recomend it highly, it is a true test of how to fight a big fish.
Salmon, the other pink meat.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Darien,

With my schedule I get my one trip (a year) to the Bar to fish the LOC derby in the early May. Love to go back in August or a late Fall stream visit. Some day. :D
Shaye D Winds

Post by Shaye D Winds »

Setups
Attachments
image-603306242.png
image-3466986185.png
image-2478592459.png
Fish-On!
Species: Lakers

Post by Fish-On! »

Great report Don! Glad to see you really got into them.
digitroll (ron)

Some serious green eye candy Don!
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Post by champlain fisher »

Thanks Don, some fish catching set-ups there.
Salmon, the other pink meat.
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)
Species: ANY FISH THAT WANTS TO PLAY!!

Post by FISHCRAZY(LALLY) »

Don, What a great post full of super detail!!! Those are definitely some good looking combo's ;) How did you do with the red/orange chip??? That looks like a Coho killer!!!

There is a TON of info thru out this post...... MANY thanks and anyone thinking of heading out to the Big lake should study this for future reference, Champlain Fisher is right, many of the same set ups work year to year.

I second your opinion of this being one of the best years in a long time. I was trying to tell everyone that!!!! That pic from your phone of the two rods and the rigger have my buddy Shane Thomas's boat in the back ground :D The one with the radar on top. You were definitely in the right spot as your results proved!!! Congrats on a great trip. My daughter Tori's favorite salmon are the Coho's..... she just loves those things.

....Rick....
" IN MY EYES ALL FISH ARE CREATED EQUALLY"
Shaye D Winds

Post by Shaye D Winds »

Rick,

I did not run the orange echip as much as I should have. You notice that it was in the center of the spread where I usually run the green echip with the green howie fly with the black beads. I have a hard time not having that on that center rigger.
When I did run the orange flasher it caught fish. The highlight of the trip was when a coho hit that rig set at 21 feet and came out of the water and because of the four foot swells I was able to watch him swim back and forth behind the boat like he was in a fish tank. :D Way kool!
It was even better than the 32 lb king I caught. :D

Are you fishing the Frostbite Derby?

Don
digitroll (ron)

Posts like that Don should inspire us all here to go back to the kind of sharing from 3-4 years ago. I am motivated to do more detail on our Spring Bar trip next year. Thanks for taking the lead and posting one hell of a write up! Yikes!
Shaye D Winds

Post by Shaye D Winds »

Ron,
I was lucky enough to have several guys share their successs with me and also the posts that were out there that helped so I figured I WOULD take the time and put some extra effort in creating a post that someone could use this year or in future years to go out there and have at least some success. We all have heard of the guys that go there and come back skunked or with only a couple fish for a week. I hope this post helps others find better success. It is not going to cover the whole season out there but for the short time the fish are in front of the river it should work pretty well. There may be better options and others are encouraged to post rigs or other things that they have found that work. I will be adding some notes to the original post to help further.

Don
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Don thanks that is a great report. The detail and the pics are very informative. Thanks again Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

Way to go Don!