fishing saturday and sunday

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

fishing saturday and sunday

Post by instigator »

I have been working allot lately so it was good to fish the rotary derby, besides my wife signed us up, saturday was a little challenging
we were on the water at 6:30 buzzed around ceder beach pt and headed to sloop, well I have seen rough but this was ridiculous the ferry kept
disappearing in the waves, the wife looked at me and didnt have to say a word, (CRAZY) so we turned and headed with the wind towards split rock, up and down all the way, the water behind the motor seemed to be 5 ft above the motor, it would gurgle a little and the wave would roll under the boat, yee haa,at least 7 ftrs, so we worked our way to the unicorn, hoping it would be better, (Kinda) trolled down to west port picking up a few salmon, got around the point and the waves seemed to be out of the east and they were 4 ftrs, all day, fish seemed to start biting about 11:00 we fished till 7:30 when the lake calmed down, kept saying last pass but
we kept catching fish, ended up with 29 salmon and 3 lakers saturday and 17 salmon 4 lakers sunday, felt good to get back in the groove, BIG thanks to my
lovely wife who stuck it out with the big waves and the long days, see you all at the LCI
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Re: fishing saturday and sunday

Post by flyguy »

Good report Reg, glad you're back on the pond. Yeah, it was a bit lively Saturday (and Sunday, too, on the IS). Hey, everyone...justa safety reminder - there's a LOT of stuff floating around after todays high wind and waves - I've seen a couple of docks, float barrels, etc bobbing around. heads up!
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

You are a crazy man Reggie! God bless your wife lol
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

NUTS!!!
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

That's impressive. I've seen it during the frostbite shootout. Great numbers in those conditions. Glad you all made it back safe
Will nolan "swilly"
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Good to see ya out there Reg. With wife, no wonder I didn't hear the morning yeeeehaaaa on 68, wife's ears probably can't take it....

Fish on!
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Thats a good wife right there signing you up and loving every minute of it! :D
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Great to see you out there on Saturday.... What a ride. I made my crew do kingsland bay and swifts point in 6 -7 ft waves, something they will not soon forget. Weird to have that area all to ourselves on a saturday of a derby!
Waves that big overtaking the boat is something everyone should exspirence, I took two great videos of my crew setting up downriggers in that mess..... FISH ON
Todd
Todd
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great report Reggie. Sounds like one of the roughest Rotary's in the 30 year history of this event. It's been a month since I have been on the pond. Life is busy. :)
mac
Species: Salmon, Trout and Bass

Post by mac »

VTFishn and I heard your words of advice over 68! Be smart out there . Saturday morning till 4pm was lumpy for sure but for those who weathered the storm Saturday night the salmon bite was good.