Salmon Hole 12/19

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Salmon Hole 12/19

Post by fishfarmer »

I fished the Winooski for steel from noon to until I couldn't feel my feet, Burlington side and the Winooski side, fly and spin. No takers. I met Matt around 2:30 and gave him his throne. I went downriver to warm up my toes. I couldn't hear the yelling upriver due to my frozen earlobes. Apparently Matt had hooked into a big steelhead. I was waiting down at the beach to net it for him but it got off too soon.

I probably won't be on the water until next year. Have a safe holiday season.
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Salmon Hole 12/19

Post by Matt »

fishfarmer wrote:I fished the Winooski for steel from noon to until I couldn't feel my feet, Burlington side and the Winooski side, fly and spin. No takers. I met Matt around 2:30 and gave him his throne. I went downriver to warm up my toes. I couldn't hear the yelling upriver due to my frozen earlobes. Apparently Matt had hooked into a big steelhead. I was waiting down at the beach to net it for him but it got off too soon.

I probably won't be on the water until next year. Have a safe holiday season.
Wish I could have landed it :( How did that water look at the beach? The times I've fished there I've had decent luck and it seems like great water. Looking forward to some reports from next year!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sounds cold Al. Looking forward to your 2012 reports, enjoy your holidays.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Here we are almost Christmas and we have 2 forum members risking life and limb on the river just to feel the pull..... That same river is frozen up my way!

Gotta love it. Thanks for the read Al.
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Post by fishfarmer »

Matt wrote:Wish I could have landed it :( How did that water look at the beach? The times I've fished there I've had decent luck and it seems like great water. Looking forward to some reports from next year!
The flow was great down there, but to get good drifts out far I tried to wade out and sank in the mud.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

fishfarmer wrote:
Matt wrote:Wish I could have landed it :( How did that water look at the beach? The times I've fished there I've had decent luck and it seems like great water. Looking forward to some reports from next year!
The flow was great down there, but to get good drifts out far I tried to wade out and sank in the mud.
Yeah there's so much depot in that area now it's insane! I almost had to leave a boot behind a few months back.