Looking Back!!!

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Looking Back!!!

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Now that 2011 is just about over, I was thinking back with some of the worst flooding on record this spring and Irene this summer what people here on this forum had for a fishing season !!! Good ,Bad Or about normal?? Up here in the northeast part of the state we where not affected nearly as bad as the Champlain Valley!!!! Just wondering!! Sleeps
digitroll (ron)

Re: Looking Back!!!

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I am looking forward to 2012. Last season on lake champlain was one of those data points out of the norm. 10 days leading up to the LCI was excellant.

The Great Lakes (King fishery) was a game saver in early May and late August. Like the stock market diversification is the key.
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

Bad season. Fishing was good when available. Fished about 2/3 the usual number of times. Disappointing to say the least. Hoping to get much more this coming season.

Bob
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I did a few nice fish this year but total numbers were down.
Doing lots of nicer fish would be nice...but I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too, not in 2011 anyways.
The lake went thru hell this year but is recovering nicely. Considering what the lake went thru, I'm thankful we didn't see thousands of dead salmon, bass, etc...washed up on the shorelines.
Especially early in the year, during the worst of the flooding, it was definitely "Adapt and Overcome".
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Had a good period before and during the Lci but other than that, never got a hot bite... Slow an steady after June...
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Fellas its kind of what I thought!!! I noticed more Browns and Steelheads in the mix, not as many big Lakers ie 14lb plus!! Of course Efie caught that monster salmon during the lci so there where some highlites!!! And Champlain beyond a doubt is the most beautiful and deverse lake anywhere!!! So as the year comes to a close I want to wish everyone a great healthy Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year !! Sleeps
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Post by Flashpoint »

Boy I would have to admit the same....
The Hudson & Ontario trips were way up from last season...much better weather & stronger fish runs.
Now my trips to Champlain....some days in June & early July were stellar when we got dialed in....others I could barely pull off a perch or a Cisco....
Lets hope mother nature redeams her self around here with all the flooding....I hope & pray our streams in the Green Mountain spine recover quick....I have my doubts :-(
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Had crazy size and numbers and diversity in the rivers this year! I think the Lake fishing was a bit off because of the wacky weather....rivers seemed to have flourished!
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

This was certainly my worst year fishing. I didn't get out as often as I would like and when I did it seemed the weather wasn't very good. The flooding from Irene and lee all but wiped out my fall fishing. Definately looking forward to next year.