Homewrecker does Shelburne Bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Homewrecker does Shelburne Bay

Post by Fishdawg »

Fished with Dean aboard the Homewrecker. We launched at first light from the Shelburne boat ramp. We got set up as we headed north running 2 downriggers set with blue and silver blades. One long line with lead and one with a slidediver. We lost a fish on the leadcore just a bit before the shipyard. Then as we got near Red rocks we started catching fish. Made a number of passes in front of red rocks and we were catching salmon as well as lakers. some on the riggers between 25 and 35 feet down and some on the slide diver. Dean switched up the leadcore for another slide diver and that was a success as well. Green and silver did well and copper with pink and black also picked up a few fish. Nothing big, especially the lakers, but all salmon were keeper size. We had boated 15 fish and decided to head north towards the launch. Things slowed right down, but we did pick up 1 more salmon back towards the launch around 11am just as we saw Raz heading north to try his luck. We ended up 15 for 17 and one of the lost fish may have been a steelie as it did some nice acobatic maneuvers before spitting the lure just off the back of the boat as it went airborne about 3-4 feet in the air. A beautiful morning {off just after 11am} aboard the Homewrecker. Thanks Dean! Oh, and only 1 small laker showed signs of lamprey. Everything else was clean!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Homewrecker does Shelburne Bay

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like a great morning! Thanks for the report...
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Good seeing you guys out there. I was hoping you could stay!
Thanks for the report.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Post by Ludo »

Fishdawg wrote:Oh, and only 1 small laker showed signs of lamprey. Everything else was clean!!
I think I'm a lamprey attractor in this bay
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

You guys are all hardcore! Glad to hear they are coming up clean too!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Gerry,
Dean had to get off the water early as he had an engagement to play Santa Claus in the afternoon. Hope you had as much fun as us. They really seemed to be grouped up off from Red Rocks and I'm sure if we had opted to stay there we would have caught some more. It was a fun day and pretty nice weather as well.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Fishdawg wrote:Gerry,
Dean had to get off the water early as he had an engagement to play Santa Claus in the afternoon. Hope you had as much fun as us. They really seemed to be grouped up off from Red Rocks and I'm sure if we had opted to stay there we would have caught some more. It was a fun day and pretty nice weather as well.
I think they scattered by the time I got there.
A few weeks ago the fish were there pretty thick like you described and so was the bait. The bait would turn my screen black! Not this week end...not for me.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Glad to see someone fishing ..... I'm back at it Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday....

Hey, like SuperCab says all those days end in Y so it must be a fishing day !

Film at Eleven.... :)
Fish On!
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Some nice detail. Way to tango with a few.