Calling all Duck Hunters Where's All the Birds??????

Share Hunting info.
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Calling all Duck Hunters Where's All the Birds??????

Post by Trackertroller »

Hey All,

Just curious how anyone has been doing in the marsh. I have been inland, CT River and LC. Not many birds around yet from my observations. The weather hasn't been to ducky either, a few cold spells, more like spring, than fall.

I follow the DU migration map, but not many northern postings, and if you have a MAC you can't post.

Looking for others observations.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Re: Calling all Duck Hunters Where's All the Birds??????

Post by bumpnrun »

Ive been fishing for perch but on the way out ive been jumping at least 200 blue bills out by the elbow by the bike path or causeway,i like duck hunting only when its cold when you have to break the ice to get out.
Roger Lav
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

It was good early here in central VT. The birds are gone now waiting for a storm to bring more down. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

There are a few migrators moving. My buddy got a banded bird over by Mt. Independance from Pierreville, Quebec. 5 yr old drake mallard banded as a YOY bird. Have seen few big groups of divers moving, not the big pushes yet though. I did get to harvest an immature widgeon 2 weekends ago, along with teal and a drake ringneck. They're coming, need the weather to push them. I wouldn't want to fly in 70 degree weather either!
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Thanks for the replies, I know the weather hasn't been great for flying, just wanted to see how things were in the north as I live in SO. VT.

Looks like warm weather for deer season right now too.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
riverrunner

Post by riverrunner »

Shot a drake woody tonight. Beautiful bird!!! Wish it had some jewelry, cause it would have ended up in a glass case! There is still a bunch of woodies, teal, and mallards around. Just gotta find where they are hiding. Saw over 100 birds on one pond mixed with geese.
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Post by VTgooseman »

Been hunting a flock of 800+ Geese and a flock of 3to400 Mallards. They have been here for a week or so and dont seem to be going anywhere.
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Post by VTgooseman »

Thats in Central VT.
riverrunner

Post by riverrunner »

mallards, blacks, divers are on the lake. Southern Champlain yesterday with my buddy, 2 blacks and 2 mallards. Plenty of birds, just gotta be in the right spot.
tealtumbler
Species: LLS, Lakers,Steelhead

Post by tealtumbler »

Slowest season I can ever remember. Here on and around the north central part of the lake. Lowest duck numbers I've witnessed in 25 years still lots of geese. I wonder if all the early high water had some negitive effect on the local nesters. I can say we havent seen any real push of flight birds that we have witnessed. I love the late season divers and we are just not seeing them yet either. All I can say is that it was fun, but very a slow season. Good luck to thoes that can get after them these last few days.