First time Fair Haven

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
lundfisherman64
Species: salmon,trout

First time Fair Haven

Post by lundfisherman64 »

Came back yesterday from 3 days fishing in Fair Haven. First time fishing on Lake Ontario for spring browns and we had a great trip. We boated about 50 browns and 1 steelhead. Biggest fish was 10 lbs and 8 lbs. The others were 5 lbs and less.The weather was great, on monday we had a 80 degree F after noon :mrgreen: and the fishing was incredible, we caught our biggest fish there. We fish the mudline and the green water in 10 feet and less of water. The fish bite was different in the am and the pm, we had to change color often. Sometime it was the downrigger at 4-6 feet and sometimes it was the planner boards almost half and half. Great fishing experience, and it's a lot because of this forum and all the advise you give. Thanks to all of you who are charing their experience. Paul.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: First time Fair Haven

Post by fishy1 »

sounds like you had a great trip. i will be there this sunday and monday hopefully we have the same action. are you ready to go back yet?
lundfisherman64
Species: salmon,trout

Post by lundfisherman64 »

I'm looking forward to it. How long Brown trout fishing is good in the spring, is it good until the end of april? Good luck to you. ;)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

lundfisherman64 wrote:I'm looking forward to it. How long Brown trout fishing is good in the spring, is it good until the end of april? Good luck to you. ;)
at least the end of april and more depending on the water temperature and forage. sometimes in early may they have to fish out a little farthur they tell me. fish on.
sanileg
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by sanileg »

Geez I am pumped up with this report, traveling tonight, we'll be on the water at first light tomorrow morning

fishy1: If you see a Black Lund boat 16.5' with a Quebec license on it, come to say hi! Don't know where we will launch yet. We have friends that will scout the area this afternoon. We shouldn't loose to much time tomorrow morning looking for the hot spots!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

sanileg wrote:Geez I am pumped up with this report, traveling tonight, we'll be on the water at first light tomorrow morning

fishy1: If you see a Black Lund boat 16.5' with a Quebec license on it, come to say hi! Don't know where we will launch yet. We have friends that will scout the area this afternoon. We shouldn't loose to much time tomorrow morning looking for the hot spots!
sanileg i will be there sunday around 11 am and headed for the selkirk state park and then later in the day mexico point . will be looking for you. are you fishing just saturday and sunday? we have a charter for monday . hope to see you there and good luck with getting a wall hanger.
sanileg
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by sanileg »

fishy1 wrote:
sanileg wrote:Geez I am pumped up with this report, traveling tonight, we'll be on the water at first light tomorrow morning

sanileg i will be there sunday around 11 am and headed for the selkirk state park and then later in the day mexico point . will be looking for you. are you fishing just saturday and sunday? we have a charter for monday . hope to see you there and good luck with getting a wall hanger.
Sorry we missed each other, my friends fished the Pulaski area Friday and no hit at all, nobody were hitting them there Friday, strong east winds pushed the muddy water west so decided to follow the dirty water and headed west (Oswego). it was our first time fishing for browns so we tried to pattern them and we boated 8 total Saturday which is not a big number but still. We caught a nice 8 pounders in the afternoon. Saturday morning we did 7 with a nice 6 1/2 lb. According to locals, bite was tough this weekend, lots of boats fishing the same hole. No big numbers, but a lot of fun! Caught a lake whitefish and a small steelhead in the mix.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

We fished Friday afternoon outside catfish and didn't move a rod. Water was clear Did get to sea trial my new boat with the guy we are buying it from :D
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

sounds like my son and i did okay considering the bite was off. we land 4 browns and lost several from 4:30 pm to 8 pm off the rocks at selkirk state park biggest landed was 22 plus inches and lost a couple bigger. also lost a nice what we thought was a coho. monday morning the winds were terrible and raining so we fished sandy creek and the little salmon river. and didnt do well until around 1 pm when my son hooked into a beast of a steelhead that did his flying act and threw the spoon. a beast we will never forget. sanileg sounds like you had fun . looked for your boat but nothing also missed finsntins. my son and i would like to get back out there soon .
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

hey fishy,sorry we missed you,didnt spend alot of time on the water,trying to get some things finished on the boat and the fish not cooperating we werent out there long.we will be there for the loc for the whole first week of may.we probably crossed paths,we did fish selkirk sunday afternoon and headed back to port around 3.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

my son with a nice brown.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1 wrote:Image
my lure after being attacked my lake ontario browns in 3 hours of fishing.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Yesterday we caught 12 browns, kept 9

Today 10 for 6 in the box.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice to hear the fish are keeping you busy Andre.
Weather has not been that great the last few days.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)