12/8/14 frostbite river fishing updated 10/31/2017

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: 12/8/14 frostbite river fishing updated 10/31/2017

Post by fishy1 »

GSP wrote:Fishing has been dreadful for me in the St Albans area. The ice made its way out only Tuesday. Weather has been nasty.
yes we need a big change in the weather it has to get normal at some point in time. i caught lots of bullhead last friday and the eggs in them were so tiny they wont be spawning till june. everything is way behind im going to try and get in some adirondack trout ponds soon when the ice goes back there
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/2/2019 headed north to fish a river this morning with a light drizzle and 41 degrees . got their around 10 am after running some errands a few fisherman there so i headed down river with a freind and will work our way back. ist hour no hits both of us were casting honeybees. finally the 3rd hole i have a hit and noone home. then 5 minutes later another hit and i land a small salmon. then a little later i land another small salmon. then it happened i got spot muscled a guy came down the bank and got in between the trees 5 feet from me and started casting. my freind wasnt very happy so i decided to move and not create a problem. so we went up stream and i had a good size salmon swipe at my honey bee. we were working our way back to the vehicle when we noticed it was getting crowded with fisherman so we watched them fish and then left for home. tommorrows forecast rain all day so i guess ill be grounded. ugh
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/3 2019 headed up north this morning for my ist day of frostbite river fishing . got there aroud 8 am with the river very low . put on a bobber and a crawler and drifted ist hour nothing then a bobber stopper and down river it goes and fish on . a nice fight and about 10 feet from em it shakes loose a nice salmon about 20 inches. had 2 more bobber stoppers and no takers. about 11 am or so i decided to go hunting pheasants or turkeys . started hunting around noon walking down the road listening for cackling or movements in the hedge rows and high grass. about 200 yards down the road i could hear something in a hedge row sound like cackling so i walked on the other side in the field that was cut and about 15 yards or so in a rooster flushed and i missed then a hen flushed on other side i shoot and hit and it lands in the very high grass on other side. got over there and it was still flapping its wings so i got lucky and found her.my ist in 2019 hoping to get more as i love eating pheasants so good. this was my ist hen since 2017 got 19 last fall and winter all roosters. had a good day my ist day of frostbite river fishing and my ist day of pheasant and turkey hunting . did not see any turkey

fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/10/2019 headed up north for some frostbite river fishing got there around 8;30 am and made a few cast then had company of a an old freind and his son was out in the canoe fishing. we talked a long time then his son came in and the 3 of us visited for awhile. when the left i finally started casting and about the 10 th cast i have a freight train hit and fish on. after a really good fight i land a nice brown. was trying to get pics but was having problems with my camera on my phone. when i heard a freindly voice wayne and brad showed up . the brown had a good size lamprey hole in its belly and i had it out of the water to long so i decided to keep it for dinner. talked to wayne and brad awhile and left to go home and clean it . well i didnt fish much today but i dont care it was nice talking to fishing freinds. just to let you know ron and ron jr you had barely got out of sight and hooked into the brown. i was happy with one like i said i didnt even care if i caught a fish. Image
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/11/2019 headed back up to the river today hoping to catch some salmon or browns but that didnt happen. started fishing somewhere around 9 am with freinds already there and would wait for wayne to get done physical therapy. ist few casts i had a follow a 17 or 18 inch salmon. then ron and son were going to leave its was cool with the wind . we chatted awhile and then it wasnt long wayne showed up. i did have a hit when ron and son where there. i forgot to mention i also had a worm rod in with a sinker on bottom hopeing to catch nice brown. as soon as wayne got there i have another hit but noone home again. awhile later my worm rod was bouncing wildly as i closed the bail ans started to reel im hung up but with a good size fish on. could not free it so i opened the bail back up and set it down with a rock on the line. nothing waited 10 minutes or so and it was loose and no fish ugh. went home after that not much rising today either but had 3 hits and lost a nice fish.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Well Matt you gave it a good effort. I got some work to do at camp before we go to Maine Hunting and would like to try some fall shore casting for Salmon.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Well Matt you gave it a good effort. I got some work to do at camp before we go to Maine Hunting and would like to try some fall shore casting for Salmon.
don river or lake?
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/16/2019 just got my internet back after not having any for 4 days ugh. hit a river only once after a dr appt. to try alayna,s new color scheme casting honey bee we are testing for jim martino. alayna drew this up and another one and we sent it to jim and he sent us 2 of each all 4 taped with no o rings but treble hooks. it performed really well in the lake for lakers and casted really well and the action was just super. now for the river. well if didnt take long for a follow and 5 minutes later a good hit with noone home. then wayne came down and joined me . have another hit and noone home. wasnt long out in the middle of the river a fish bust s water and its on the end of my line rod tip bending wildly but it was short lived it shook loose in the faster water. then i went home as i had some shopping to do and errands to run. alayna,s color scheme bee worked and wayne never got a hit on several lures he tried. going to test this color some more and she has another to test also.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Alayna is the youngest tester ever for us. We will be watching her efforts carefully :D .
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/26/2019 rivers are holding a good bunch of spawners this fall i hope they have a good spawn. hopefully after the spawn i can catch a few in the rivers.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/26/2019 jim right now doesnt look alayna and i will get to test them any time soon. im grounded for awhile with my leg i can hardly walk. the shootout is a week away and chawk is counting on me but im not even sure about that now.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Fishy1:

Take care of that leg! Testing can wait!
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

All club members (Prostate Cancer):

It sound like one of our members can really use some extra well wishes right about now along with some prayers and/or good thoughts. In numbers there is strength and support. Tell Fishy1 you are thinking about him right now in a special way. :)
EagleEd7
Species: Trout

Post by EagleEd7 »

Matt:

You are always in our prayers for a speedy recovery. No one on this site does more to help his fellow fishing friends with all the details each time you or Alayna get out.

Eagle Ed/Betty
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

thanks im an now in the hospital with a fractured leg will miss the shootout and testing and the lakers are fire