Sunday 8/24/14; Cumberland head

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Sunday 8/24/14; Cumberland head

Post by vtfishin »

Snuck in 1.5 hours of trolling between swimming and dinner at the Turtle.

Launched out of Malletts, floated around with our wives a bit and caught up with friends. Motored up to the head and marked bait and temps around 65'. 5 small salmons nothing over 19", a white fish and 3 knock offs. All country club released at the stern. One received a kiss goodbye from Bailey the fishing Bernese mountain dog.

Boat wakes from returning weekenders helped add motion to the rigging.

Caught a medium burger (about 4" diameter) on a tan table top lure about 3' above the deck. Poor thing was done so had to keep it. Made a nice dinner with fries. Temps were about 72 on the surface. :)

Another fine day on the lake!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Sunday 8/24/14; Cumberland head

Post by Reelax »

I bet the burger was good.... Hopefully the bigger fish get active soon.... Thanks for the read Matt..
Matt B
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

That reminds me, we haven't done our once yearly stop to the turtle... We've never fished around Cumberland for trout or salmon, but have found some nice smallmouth on the humps.. We'll have to give it a try.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Try Dana's Rusty Anchor in Snug Harbor for a nice quiet,relaxing,dinner.Easier docking and less hectic than the Turtle.The food is excellent.
vtfishin

Post by vtfishin »

We always enjoy the Turtle and find docking fine. We especially like that bailey can dine with us on the deck.

We will have to try the rusty A though. Sounds good!
Have they ever fixed the ratty old broken docks and crappy break water over there at Snugg in the last few years?
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Everything seems fine to me.I think the breakwater has been fixed-up since last year.We also enjoy the Turtle, but Dana's was a nice change of pace.Also for us its easier to get gas than fighting traffic in Mallets.
vtfishin

Post by vtfishin »

C-Hawk wrote:Everything seems fine to me.I think the breakwater has been fixed-up since last year.We also enjoy the Turtle, but Dana's was a nice change of pace.Also for us its easier to get gas than fighting traffic in Mallets.
We usually arrive at the launch all fueled but have gotten fuel in Plattsburgh, Burlington, Westport when running low... Never fueled in Malletts... ...or snuggs for that matter... I understand avoiding traffic for sure, that west side of Valcour is the busiest area on the lake...