My vacation 2013 3 videos in

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
pierre
Species: salmon

My vacation 2013 3 videos in

Post by pierre »

I’am back from three weeks of a wonderful vacation. The fish were plentiful, the weather wasen’t so great, a lot of wind and waves and rain but we made the best of it. There are so many things to say I don’t know where to start, here are a few pictures and I will post a few videos, as my sons and wife gave me a gopro for my birthday, it’s something new for me so the films might not be as a professional but you will be able to see well.

Sorry if the pictures are not in order

On the salmon you can see clearly that an other fish tried to eat it that was the smallest salmon on all of our vacation, an 18''.

My wife's first salmon was caught in the evening on our first day on vacation, an 8 lbs 10 oz, a very good start. At first she thought she had a walleye on but to her surpirse it was a big salmon!!!!!

One of many days of three nice salmon in a day

My last day of fishing with my friend Michel, it was his birthday and he was hoping to catch a salmon as he hadn't caught any during his 2 weeks vacation. Just before ending the day he caught a nice 10lbs 10oz salmon WOW what a great way of ending his vacation. As for me a nice 8 lbs 8 oz and a nice way to end my vacation as well.

Video to come later.

are firs day of fishing 3 nice samonds toow in the morning

Last edited by pierre on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pier waves spoons
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

Re: My vacation 2013

Post by tuckhunts87 »

nice fish!!! those big ones look like big browns to me, pretty square tail and the spots would make me say they are definetly browns, awsome fish though, where were you fishin?
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Pierre reminds me of your vaca last year!!!! Super fish I wont even ask if you had a good time!! Thanks for sharing!!! Sleeps
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Those are nice and fat fish. Gotta love it. Thanks for sharing.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Those are really nice Landlocks Pierre. Thanks for sharing your trip photos with us here. Nice spoons! Looks like another outstanding summer vacation trip to your favorite lake :)
tuckhunts87

Post by tuckhunts87 »

why are they so dark? i'm just curious cause ive never seen a salmon like that.
LiL Pup (Rob)

Post by LiL Pup (Rob) »

Very nice fish. I belive they are in their spawning colors
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Pierre for sharing your super vacation pictures. Always a pleasure to see your great catches. Hope to see you next month on the big pond.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tuckhunts87

Post by tuckhunts87 »

LiL Pup (Rob) wrote:Very nice fish. I belive they are in their spawning colors
do salmon in lake champlain ever get dark like that when its spawing time?
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

That's a vacation that dreams are made of! Holy cow,,,what a pleasure it must of been to have been fishing those beauties. Nicely done Pierre, and thanks for showing us your trophies!

By the way...are those big 8 and 10 pounders "normal catches" where you were at?
And...would you share the location?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

You did it again! I always look forward to your posts, great fish, lures and photos! Congrats.
See you on the pond!
LiL Pup (Rob)

Post by LiL Pup (Rob) »

I have seen pic of some champlain salmon with the same coloring
pierre
Species: salmon

Post by pierre »

Hi everyone thanks for all the good words

Raz most fish are around 5 lbs to 10 lbs although for me this year most fish were around 8.5 lbs and +. I didn't take pictures of every fish that I caught, I will put 4 or 5 videos that I made with the new GoPro that I received as a gift from my wife and sons. I had a very good skipper on bord she's the top for me, when the fish would bite and when she realized it was a salmon she would hand me the fishing rod right away. She finds these fish are to crazy for her and too hard to bring in.

As for the color of the fish, it just might be because of the darker color of the water, as I caught a lake trout last year in that lake and beleive me it was pitch black compared to the same ones we get in Lake Champlain.
Pier waves spoons
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

pierre wrote:Hi everyone thanks for all the good words

Raz most fish are around 5 lbs to 10 lbs although for me this year most fish were around 8.5 lbs and +. I didn't take pictures of every fish that I caught, I will put 4 or 5 videos that I made with the new GoPro that I received as a gift from my wife and sons. I had a very good skipper on bord she's the top for me, when the fish would bite and when she realized it was a salmon she would hand me the fishing rod right away. She finds these fish are to crazy for her and too hard to bring in.

As for the color of the fish, it just might be because of the darker color of the water, as I caught a lake trout last year in that lake and beleive me it was pitch black compared to the same ones we get in Lake Champlain.

Ah so these are not Lake Champlain fish.... Tought so...

Thanks for the looks Pierre.
Matt B
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Always love reading the yearly vacation report!