Upper Valley (VT and NH, Lebanon NH area) report

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
alphamale(garrett)
Species: salmon, trout, and walleye

Upper Valley (VT and NH, Lebanon NH area) report

Post by alphamale(garrett) »

Hey Everyone,
This is my first big post on this site, always was on the old site but figured I would post here too just incase you guys don't read the old site. I dont get to hit champlain much but I fish a ton on local lake and am always willing to help if people want to fish or want to learn how to troll. Ive only been trolling by myself for a year or so now so Im still really new and still learning big time! Unfortunately being an Exercise Phys/ Pre-Med student at the University of Connecticut I only get time to fish in the summer months when Im on break. We have been on fire since getting home from college at UCONN, truly blessed frankly. We have been hitting tons of bows, salmon, and lakers on local lakes. All the photos are from crystal, mascoma, tewksbury, and sunapee. We have hit numerous 18+ inch and fat bows within the last week.
In true Fontaine family fashion my brother was out last week fishing a worm from shore and caught this pig! :shock: The day I don't go.... of course...

(Took this picture before his confirmation)
A few little guys, these were my buddies (Colin) first trout and his family wanted a nice dinner so we kept em.

This guy was just under 20 inches and was a really good stout fish

Next morning I got up and hit lake Tarleton for some more trout action. Took my other buddy (Trevor) and his girlfriend nikki who had never caught a trout before and never been trolling.
Unfortunately it was a really slow day out on the water which was unfortunate because Tarleton is usually really good to me. But we managed to get Nikki her first trout , a little guy.

After that disappointing fish I took a few days of to regroup and rethink my approach. Got back on the horse and hit sunapee with my dad on the Grady. Started really slow with 0 fish marked over the state beach way but we moved out through the narrows into bigger water and BAM sonar screen is covered and alarms are going off. 5 minutes later, WHAM! this little guy popped off the rigger hitting the same honeybee that all the bows were eating!
Gave me a good little fight.

About 20 minutes later this little pig hit a different honeybee on 4 colors of lead!

That just about ended our day which was cool with me! :D

The next day dad and I got out for some more bow action and hit some really really nice trout!

After a few days rest we hit the good ol honey hole again and hit some good trout. one 16 incher and all the others were well above 14 but werent measured.
A day after this messy rainy fishing trip I came down with a nasty bout of strep throat which put me in the ER for a day :? wasnt much fun. But after some IV fluids and some antibiotics Im back again! Hitting the CT river to get some good ol walleye (my favorite). See if i cant jig up a few!
Until next time thanks for reading and tight lines to all! And yes everyone in my family has big hands :lol: :lol:
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Upper Valley (VT and NH, Lebanon NH area) report

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice post Garrett... Great pictures.
Always interesting to hear how's fishing elsewhere.
Welcome to the forum.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Great post Garrett. Looks like you guys know how to have fun!
Welcome to Lake Champlain United.
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Post by Ludo »

I love the first picture :)

Thanks for sharing
alphamale(garrett)

Thanks guys,
If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to ask. Just a note to all reading, the hot lure for any trout for me has been yellow in a DB. Never used it before, never been a huge fan but neon colors and yellow in general have been crazy!
Throbbin Rods
Species: Salmon

Post by Throbbin Rods »

G, let me know if you guys ever need a passenger for a fishing trip. Sitting home wishing I could breathe but I would love to hold a pole in my hands.
jusgrinnin
Species: warm&cold

Post by jusgrinnin »

Throbbin Rods wrote:G, let me know if you guys ever need a passenger for a fishing trip. Sitting home wishing I could breathe but I would love to hold a pole in my hands.
Because we're friends and your disabled I'm going to restrain myself, but there's a lot to work with right there :lol: :lol: :lol:
BARRY
alphamale(garrett)

HAHAHA!!! ^
Touche Barry