Silver in the Sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
plantstone

Silver in the Sea

Post by plantstone »

On the water today. All right :D

Launched across from Sandbar at the state launch and planned on fishing the deep water outside the Lamoille. Perfect conditions till I'm setting lines and realize I can't get a lure in the water without it getting covered in grasses. The whole bay was covered with small thin grasses. Too frustrating to fish. Slipped under the causeway and set up heading towards Sandbar. The perch were constant, some doubles. One fatty that tripped the chamberlin! I broke the salmon skunk by the cowbanks with a 16" that took a C.I. brown trout. No pic, wanted to let him go right away. Nice to be out and catching silver!

dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Re: Silver in the Sea

Post by dreamcatcher »

Plantstone; I was out in the sea this morning also, did'nt find the sweet spot for the salmon only picked 1 up and a couple dozen perch. Talk a pit with bassbuddy and I think I heard him giving you a shout on the radio! All an all it was good to get out again. :)
KEN K.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice.. Thanks for the report... Trying to decide fishing for bow hunting Sat morning... Hmm... :roll:
Matt B
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Reelax; If I had a choice it would be hunt in the evening, fish the morning, just a thought! ;)
KEN K.
Kingfisher
Species: YES

Post by Kingfisher »

Agree with Dreamcatcher, fish in the morning, catch lots of salmon in the Sea and hunt in the afternoon and bag an 8 pointer for dinner. Sounds like a great day to me...even without the salmon or 8 pointer...good luck.

All the best...Kingfisher.