Fun in the sun on Sunday, inland sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Fun in the sun on Sunday, inland sea

Post by Cas »

Had to take advantage of the great fall day, was out once again with my wife, daughter and my daughter's friend, got out around 2, and they wanted to try water skiing, so we did some attempted water skiing (both girls got up, although not for long), a little tubing, when they wanted to take a break and play around in the boat, figured it was time for a quick troll. Only got 2 perch, but was only set up for 1/2 hour, no depth finder (left at home on the table, oops). Hooked up, called out to the girls, and she was by my side reeling it in. My daughter said "that's not fair, how come she gets to catch the fish" My response, she jumped up first. As soon as I said that, the other rod popped, so the two best friends both got to pull in a fish at the same time. Wrapped it up with a tub ride back to the dock for the girls.

I will have to admit though, my screen name is "Cas", which is short for casual, a nick name I've had since college as I'm a pretty easy going guy. Well, my daughter tested my patience out there a few times, as only 8 year old kids can do, so my apologies to other boaters out there that probably heard us, how shall I say it nicely? Talking with raised voices to our daughter!

But all in all, a great day, water skiing, tubing, swimming, catching fish, then she gets to eat her catch for dinner. Not bad for the end of September in VT.
________
Mike
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fun in the sun on Sunday, inland sea

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you got out Mike... It is starting.. Hope your next trip is soon.
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice outing Mike. I have two turning 6 and 8 this weekend. I know what you mean. :) Great weather and seas to enjoy the end of summer.
dragnballs
Species: if it swims, Iwill fish for it

Post by dragnballs »

very cool Mike!!!
Kevin
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Hey CAS, Guess what. It doesn't change as they get older. The words change and they learn how to tweak the "guilt" button. Attitude is a way of life. I hope you're still posting when they hit the teens. It'll be okay to shed a tear or two. I have 2 daughters 23 and 27, so that's experience talking. Have no doubts, I love my "little" girls to death, but there are times......
Glad you got out with the family. Great memories.