Hudson River Report

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Hudson River Report

Post by Flashpoint »

Sorry for the late report...been going straight for a week. A good push of fish moved in on Wednesday with a nice limit of 15 to 30 pound fish taken. Yesterday was as good or better with over 20 fish landed. Everyday should get better..but expect pressure on the weekend if you come down. Bright lures with leads of 40 - 70 ft have been the ticket with increased boat traffic.lures down 15 to 20 have kept rods popping!
Try to update again this weekend.... if you can follow me on Facebook I post Daley! Tight lines!!
Attachments
IMG_20130508_145427_033.jpg
Flashpoint

Re: Hudson River Report

Post by Flashpoint »

The fishing continues to be strong, this cooler weather should help keep the water from warming to fast & keep the fish here for a few more weeks! If you were thinking of making a trip down...now is the time!!
Capt. Dan Lusier of lazy D & Me charters took a 35 pounder today!
swallowmypride
Species: walleye

Post by swallowmypride »

I saw you!!!! Great job fishing Matt
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Well we brought the Flashpoint home last night to wrap up our season. We had really good numbers until our last couple of trips where we struggled a bit to boat a good stringer but did still boat a few over 15lbs. Last saturday was our best day with over 20 fish boated on our morning trip, included two Sturgeon!! I have been fishing down there for almost 10 years & have never caught a Sturgeon...we caught 2 in 10 min! Not really big ones..probably 8 or 10 lbs but non the less...still very cool.
Reports where that alot of the fish had moved up river north of the Kingston area, over 80% of the fish we boated this year where males. NON of the females we cleaned had spawned yet....this tells me the spawn was far from over. The topsy turvey weather certainly kept the fish moody, but over all we still had a very succesful season!
Back on Champlain next weekend where I will try to post reports more frequently! Best of luck to all....chat with ya on the pond!

Included a pic of one fo the Sturgeon..... Also a nice Stripah from the last trip of the year!
Attachments
2013 stripah!.jpg
sturgeon.jpg