Cat fish and sheepshead fishing

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Tricky Trout
Species: Trout

Cat fish and sheepshead fishing

Post by Tricky Trout »

New to Lake Champlain, would like to target sheepshead and Catfish. Any advise on areas of the lake we should focus on ? Thanks alot !
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: Cat fish and sheepshead fishing

Post by cpmaple »

Where are you located? Anywhere south of the crown point/ VT bridge for catfish an for sheep head I just started targeting them myself last year with my son in law. Seem to have better luck around rocky bottom we drift bouncing jigs, worm , crawfish for them but have picked up some nice cats doing this. They target sheep head a lot up north due to all the rock structures. Anymore questions pm me be glad to help if I can. Console (chad )
traymond34
Species: Champlain

Re: Cat fish and sheepshead fishing

Post by traymond34 »

Orwell Vermont is awsome for catfishing! Fish the Vermont side in the month of May. There’s a spot called audets cove. Anchor your boat in 8’ of water and cast towards shore. There’s a hard clay flat the fish spawn on this time of year. You can catch them all hours of the day. I use an entire bluegill or white perch dead on a large bobber. Get the bait with in a foot of the bottom. I haven’t done this in a while but me and a few friends had a shit load of fun years back. I had a camper down there for years. Excellent fishing!!!! As the summer heats up. Go up the Lagrange river where it dumps into Ticonderoga and fish under the railroad trusses! Good luck and send photos!!!