Golden Wed during the squals

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Golden Wed during the squals

Post by Reelax »

Fished Wed with Dave F in the inland sea.
Fished all day without seeing a boat, water was bumpy to start but calmed by 10am nicely. We ran lead core and long lines of otter boards and picked away at the salmon. The fight today seemed better with multiple salmon jumping during the fight… picked up a nice Pickrel that had a beautiful gold color…

When the squal
Front passed by mid morning we lost all sight of shore even though we were only 50 yards from land:)

The sun that followed trigger a bite:)

The birds were working all day and multiple species were involved even an osprey:)

Looks Like we gotta few blow days and a snow day comin. With water temps 35-37 it is JUST starting!!

Fish on!
Attachments
IMG_8594.jpeg
IMG_8594.jpeg (188.18 KiB) Viewed 870 times
IMG_8592.jpeg
IMG_8592.jpeg (343.92 KiB) Viewed 870 times
IMG_8589.jpeg
IMG_8589.jpeg (190.04 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Matt B
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Re: Golden Wed during the squals

Post by Speedy »

Thanks for the report. Looking good. Can't wait to get out there. 100% of belongings leaving Friday and my wife and I start Sat. for our 6 day "Road Trip" to Newport towing my 16ft Alumacraft. (3/4 ton Silverado and boat both over-loaded). Should be fun, taking the Southern route 40 to Knoxsville then North to VT.
I'll catch up with you guys in a few weeks. Speedy is on his way home. Amen
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Speedy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:20 pm Thanks for the report. Looking good. Can't wait to get out there. 100% of belongings leaving Friday and my wife and I start Sat. for our 6 day "Road Trip" to Newport towing my 16ft Alumacraft. (3/4 ton Silverado and boat both over-loaded). Should be fun, taking the Southern route 40 to Knoxsville then North to VT.
I'll catch up with you guys in a few weeks. Speedy is on his way home. Amen
Don’t forget to sign up for the DYP derby in May…

Good way to meet the fleet
Matt B
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

Amazing color on that pickerel. Beautiful. Thanks for the report. I'm getting close to my shakedown. ...I hope.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker