Whalon's & Westport - 3/13

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Whalon's & Westport - 3/13

Post by ChessieMan »

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the fire hydrant - yesterday, Scott and I were the fire hydrant.

Nice weather and no ice + Reelax's Txt - "You got to get to Whalon's" - found me and Scott launching in Westport yesterday. Beautiful morning, flat calm - loaded and launched by 8. Checked Hunter Bay on the way north - lots of fish - had it as a back-up.

Pulled around Split Rock to see 3 other boats - Yup, must be the spot - went lines down - setting #4 rod when #3 fires off - Scott's into a heavy fish, have to throttle back -- 10 minutes of cranky and a couple surfaces splashes - I slide the net under this fat laker - Yes! 10 minutes and we're into fish!

Imageclose to gas station

Best thing was it came on a Black Cherry Bay Rat - I normally pull hardware, but I heard it's been a stick bait bite - so we swapped two rods to sticks - I was feeling good and kinda smart - I got progressively dumber as the day went on.

Spent 3 hours following (or leading the fleet) around Whalon's without as much as a knock-off. Noon time roared down to Hunter's - ran smack dab into a sleet squall, those little ice pellets hurt at 38 Mph - we set-up and had a 1/2 dozen "knock offs" but no more fish.

Dined on Mexican Turkey (the turkey was not Mexican, the spices were) soup - Mmm. Mmm good - another day on the water with a good friend - doesn't get much better. Got home and two packages of Yo-zuri's were on my desk - gues I got to go fishing soon!
striper192001
Species: salmon

Re: Whalon's & Westport - 3/13

Post by striper192001 »

U r a riot.........dip the boat and they will come........
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice fat laker... at least you had some nice time on the water. Much better than staying home watching fishing shows on TV.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

thanks for the report. A fun read as always !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Glad to see all the reports right now on the bite, since I'm sidelined and it sucks. Go back to the doctors in April hope I get cleared to do a little more but, not looking good right now hurts like he'll still. So big boat an bass boat still sit covered. Hoping my son in law wants to go a few times so he can unload an load the boat an I just drive. Won't be the same, but will be on the water. Thanks again for the great reading material keep it coming please cpmaple (chad)