March Madness

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Mistress
Species: cold water

March Madness

Post by Mistress »

Fished southern waters again today, starting to learn what the fish do with varying weather conditions for the area. Jim and Norm joined me on the Mistress and we launched shortly after 7. Based on the amount of trucks at the access and what we were told by a fellow angler headed back in due to an engine alarm we decided to avoid the NY side and troll from Garden Island south and soon found out why nobody stuck around. Greasers! LOTS of them! Big ones, small ones, fat ones skinny ones. By 8:30 I was contemplating hosing down the deck to stay on our feet it was slimed up so bad.I was thinking we would have to pick through a couple dozen of them to get a salmon or two when Matt from Reelax hollered to us and saved our sorry asses again as he had found silver. We picked up, made a quick move and boated our first salmon of the day within 35 minutes of Matt’s call. THANK YOU MATT😎
We ended up boating 9 salmon, 8 lakers and lost 3 unknowns. We each kept 2 salmon for the freezer plus a Laker and they all ranged from 16”-19”. Longlines and boards are what we ran and the fish hit pretty much everything we offered with slight preference for anything blue, spoons or stick bait.
We came off the water at 1:00, might have stayed longer but ended up downwind from Reelax and Matt was grilling something with bacon and I got hungry!
Another great day on the water and month # 3 checked off for my quest for a salmon in the boat every month of the year.
Attachments
IMG_7471.jpeg
IMG_7471.jpeg (293.87 KiB) Viewed 959 times
IMG_7470.jpeg
IMG_7470.jpeg (165.9 KiB) Viewed 959 times
IMG_7466.jpeg
IMG_7466.jpeg (120.18 KiB) Viewed 959 times
IMG_7456.jpeg
IMG_7456.jpeg (101.68 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: March Madness

Post by Reelax »

Pat, it was great fishing next to you guys again today… Your closing results show how hot the bite was, didn’t take long to run up your salmon numbers. We shoulda stayed longer in the west and our final numbers would have been well over 20….,

Thanks for the help this week with the impeller replacement and lower unit service. Your heated shop made it an easy morning for sure!

Fish on!
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice pics Pat. It must have been a beautiful day on the water.
We all love Reelax, he's always friendly and willing to help and share his knowledge, and food is always delicious.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

glad you got into them. my motor problem seems to have been a stuck thermostat. new one on the way hate to loose a day to motor issues but happens i guess.
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

Glad to hear your engine problem was nothing major! Definitely sucks to miss a day on the water, I think any of us who have been fishing for any length of time have been there.
I have had a boat and fished Champlain for 38 years and up until last November Frost Bite Shootout had never fished south of Shelburne Bay. Matt (Reelax) has been awesome sharing info. on the area and after only three trips down I have a good idea as to where to go. Generally I’m the guy that will break off from the pack and go do my own thing like fish a spot that nobody else was but when I find the fish will share info with others to pay it forward. Now that the accesses up my way are ice free I will be back on my regular playgrounds, Inland Sea, Malletts Bay, Keelers Bay, Valcour, Vantines, The Trench and other areas I have posted about in the past and will let you all know if the bite gets hot up my way!
Pat
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

very nice job guys
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing