Frostbite Float Feb 20, 2024

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Frostbite Float Feb 20, 2024

Post by Surprise »

Al Morehouse "FishFarmer" I planned to take a float today as he had the Day off and the stars aligned that we had little wind in the forecast.
However 10 degrees this AM and a 35 degree bay would guarantee some ice in Converse. We were not disappointed. We had a strong 1" + covering out to the far moorings . We got there at Old Guy time 10AM.

Not to be intimidated we broke the ice to get the trailer lights in the water and continued to break the ice back from in the boat as Al backed me in . Lowered the motor and put her in gear using the prop turbulence to break the ice and create open water to turn around and break out.

I waited for Al to park the truck and he hopped aboard and we slowly made our way through the pack ice to open water.

Bussed across to Wallons and set up with the same Challenger plugs still on the rods from the 15th.

Poured some tea and broke open some Chocolate chip zucchini bread that Kathy provided for breakfast

We had a steady pick of fish with our first Lakers and salmon. We got a lunch of Elk Chili from some gifted meat and some Chocolate Brownies and Grapes for dessert.

Pulled at 3 PM and made our way back where we had to break back in to the Ramp. Ended the day 12 salmon 3 lakers and 3 fish dropped.

WAY OK for February!
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Frostbite Float Feb 20, 2024

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like a great day on the lake. Thanks for the report Randy.
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

You guys are real frostbiters. Love your report.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

great job randy and crew,definetly some hard core frostbiters!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing