Port Henry > Westport - 12/26

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry > Westport - 12/26

Post by ChessieMan »

In short - should have stayed home.

My wife gave me my Christmas present the Tuesday before Christmas - the Flu! The gift that gives for a week and that's how long in lingered in the recliner hacking up fur balls and being miserable (more miserable according to her) - missed family Christmas dinner (no loss) but arose Boxing Day morning feeling really good - so knowing that it was a weather window - loaded up and went north.

Should have known something was up when the lake was literally up in the Port Henry parking lot - I don't think I've ever seen it his high - but I launched anyway - good ride to Fishville, lite chop, water 42F, but it was hazy - the water - not the sky which was overcast.

Spent the next 4 hours east>west, south>north, deep>shallow - Speedi's. HB's and CI's, 20.>2.8 and if it weren't for a suicidal 16" laker that was so skinny it could have fit through a keyhole - it would have been a perfectly crappy day.

It's oft said that - "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day in the office" - I could argue the point after yesterday.

At this point, I hoping for ice!

Have a Happy & Safe New Year - tight lines - Ed
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Port Henry > Westport - 12/26

Post by Reelax »

Man that flood and rain has messed up the lake. We got a 3 -4 boat fleet launching from converse in the morning and it may be a long search after reading your post!

Thanks for sharing.
Matt B
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Water was cold at PH - 39F warmed as I went north - 42F in Westport - will wait for your report - will have a big bearing on plans - might be fishing bluegills on Saratoga - good luck
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

thanks for this post - your reports are always fun to read, whether a good or a bad day of fishing. Fingers crossed for cold and ice !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !