Westport - 12/2

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Westport - 12/2

Post by ChessieMan »

After 3 aborted attempts, Scott and I finally got on the lake Saturday. When we rolled into Westport, it was 40F, overcast and lake was almost flat. Launched and ran up to Hunter Bay - went lines down, Sun Rise Speedi and black/purple HB on dipsies, CI Blue Moon and Patty's Day on riggers.

Didn't even get settled in when the port dipsy fires off - Scott grabs the rod - "Fish-on - Fish-off" - Ok, no problem, we got a bite 5 minutes in - let's get another - and we did - another "swing & miss", then another and another - we (Scott) went 0 for 6 before he got tight to a fish.

And when he finally did - what looked to be about an 18" silver when he got it close to the boat - "You want the net?, No - I can lift her ----Sploosh!" -

Scott's quarter in the "hitting cage" had just about run out when he finally put one in the box

Ok, we got one in the hox, not let's start to fill the smoker - but it just wasn't going to happen - Scott, my good luck charm was having a bad day - we ended up with one more salmon and two lakers while missing another 3 fish- all fish came on CI Blue Moon - all between Hunter and Rock Harbor.

Mid-day, ran over to Scotch Bonnet, but nothing to see - went back to Rock Harbor and missed one more before the "Day of Rubber Hooks", mercifully ended.

As usual, Scott brought a buffet - BBQ'd pheasant tenders from a trip to SD, goose jerky bits and smoked salmon on bagels - hard to give him a hard time when I end up so well fed.

Wish the weather was looking better - we have revenge ion our hearts!