Latest trip to the Salmon River

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Latest trip to the Salmon River

Post by Flashpoint »

Well....Surfs up on the Salmon!! WOW Big water...Warm weather & rain means a blow out from the Tug Hill...most knew it was coming. It went from 500 cfs to 2700 in the last two days.....so you can imagine how the bank angling is! The boat guides have picked away at a few but over all pretty slow. I hit 5 other creeks in the area, many blown out as well. A couple of them were fishable yesterday & today (though I doubt they will be by tomorrow, as it was pouring when I left) was able to pick up three Steelhead & one Brown over the last two days.( sorry no pics....tough to taking them by your self in the pouring rain!) :cry: The Steelies were all between 8 & 10 pounds, all hens still full of eggs so they haven't finished the spawn yet!
Hoping for a bit of a water drop by this time next week...planning on a run back over for 3 days with my sn while he is on vacation.

Tight lines!
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Latest trip to the Salmon River

Post by Matt »

Yeah, I had to cancel plans to go to NY this weekend with a buddy because I couldn't take off work.....looks like it worked out alright for me since the water will stay high for quite a while.....