Suggestion for Cross-Country Towing

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Suggestion for Cross-Country Towing

Post by Speedy »

I'm looking for some good advice on how to cover/prepare my 16 ft. Aluma Craft for the long tow from Tucson,Ax to Newport,VT (approx. 3,000 road miles). Planning on installing two new wheel/tires and use the existing good ones as spares. Repacking wheel bearings and giving the trailer lights the once over. I have a good water-proof fitted boat cover with tie-down straps. Also a PVC backbone under-cover support.

Would you suggest covering over the whole thing with a plastic trap with grommets and a mile of rope like a spider web? My 24 volt electric and 10hp gas motors might be wrapped/padded and tied down inside with net and paddle.

5 days driving alone, I really don't want to mess with any problems. I tried to hire a commercial shipper (on a open flat bed, for both the Silverado and boat combo. No takers.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Speedy
Chief III
Species: Trout

Re: Suggestion for Cross-Country Towing

Post by Chief III »

Sound like you have most everything covered. If you have a good travel cover, I don't see the need for an additional cover. I would check your truck receiver and the trailer safety chains. Also, I would pack a grease gun and a good tire gage to check both those items during your travels. Have a safe trip.