Finally A Good Day

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Mistress
Species: cold water

Finally A Good Day

Post by Mistress »

Finally had some decent numbers and decent fish. Between last Sat and Sunday caught a total of 16 salmon all over 16” including this nice one. All were in the 40’ depth, pink, black/purple, and copper were the colors of choice and were north of Valcour Island.
Attachments
IMG_2534.jpeg
IMG_2534.jpeg (170.23 KiB) Viewed 732 times
digitroll (ron)

Re: Finally A Good Day

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice fish Pat! It's been pretty good over there south of Valcour for others as of late monitoring the Facebook posts by our friends over there. Did you happen to check for the fin clips? Curious if there no clipped fish? I haven't been over there yet but nice to see! It's a moving target each year where we will find the fish. :)
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

The fish in the pic had its LV fin clipped and measured 25”. Didn’t get a weight(guessing around 8#?) before I released it but got scales to send to Kurt with USFW along with samples from 8 others. Of the 16 salmon I put in the boat all had clipped fins, 13 LV and 3 RV and only 2 had lamprey marks which were old. Pretty encouraging all in all as far as quality of fish, but like you said gotta hunt for them and luckily my Honda is awesome on fuel consumption!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Nice catch...and nice to hear of salmon coming from that area.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry