Rotary fishing derby

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Rotary fishing derby

Post by cpmaple »

Good morning,
Wondering if anyone is fishing the rotary? Was gonna fish it myself but didn't have anyone to fish with then all at once I got a message last night from a former charter captain of the gray ghost asking if I was still interested I said sure. So it looks like cpmaple will be out an about chasing Lakers an salmon for three days. It's gonna be an honor to have this gentleman aboard since I take his grandson out with me a lot always try to get him to go along. Cant wait.
Tight lines cpmaple (Chad)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Rotary fishing derby

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you’re making it out for the derby Chad. Reelax has a crew lined up and ready to fish for 3 days straight in search of big silver:)

Will most likely see ya somewhere south. We will be scouting Sunday down in fishville and beyond:)

Fish on!
Matt B
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Good luck you guys! Look forward to the reports

John
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Looking like it's gonna be a windy derby Saturday and Sunday 10-15 NNE
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

cpmaple wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:30 am Looking like it's gonna be a windy derby Saturday and Sunday 10-15 NNE

That will just thin the fleet and turn in the salmon!!! After Friday I think we will welcome a breeze:)
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Reelax wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:18 am
cpmaple wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:30 am Looking like it's gonna be a windy derby Saturday and Sunday 10-15 NNE

That will just thin the fleet and turn in the salmon!!! After Friday I think we will welcome a breeze:)
Reelax you are correct but I will be out may not be a nice ride but, getting the boat ready today for the three days ahead. Might have to launch a little further north the second day but time will tell see how day one goes on the south end.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Day 1,
Very good day boat 5 silver, 2 Lakers, an 1 brown and lost 5 other in which three where salmon for sure. Best silver of the day 3.75lbs. Almost forgot 1 jumbo yellow perch . The bite was on 10minutes after the first rigger splash in. Quiet for boats as they would come an go. Over all day one was great. See hay day 2 turns out with the wind cpmaple
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Day 2,
Set out at 730 in very windy conditions. Not as good as of a bit but a laker short of the grand slam. I would never believe it would be a laker keeping me from it bit it was. First first steelhead 17", second fish salmon 3.5lbs, third first another salmon lost at boat, fourth brown 3.7lbs an the final fish a small mouth to end the day at 2pm. Had enough by then battling the waves as they were stacking more. Not fighting the wind tomorrow headed south of the bridge in search of a walleye.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

you're doing great, 3/4 of a grand slam 2 days in a row and browns both days !

Good luck with the walleye and the waves today !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

So who won?