Converse Bay May 8

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Converse Bay May 8

Post by striper192001 »

Launched at 6:15 to flat water conditions. Had two buddies and was running couple lines on riggers. One flat line and one on little planer board. Picked up couple lakers right off, one about 8 pounds. Found some bait and wind started to come up and discovered a spot to keep going over. Then the silver started biting and we got real busy. Twice had 3 fish on at once.....my buddies were new to this so I was shouting instructions and at times was quite humorous......ended up catching 12 salmon with 6 going home with the three of us for the grill. We lost 2 other salmon. One of the best days I had on the water with only one other boat out there.
I would give location of the "spot" but I am not sure my DYP partner would want to share, even though he wasn't on the boat. Doesn't really matter as the fish were mostly 16 inch fish with a couple fat 19 plus inchers at the end, no derby winners ! Also, the spot really wasn't in some remote location.

Just a really great day on the water , at least for me.....hope we all get some great conditions on Saturday. See ya there ! :?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Converse Bay May 8

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report. I heard from a buddy he and his wife also slayed the silvers yesterday, sounds like they netted 20 salmon…. Musta been a banner day on the water… how deep was your best sets?

Fish on!
Matt B
striper192001
Species: salmon

Re: Converse Bay May 8

Post by striper192001 »

18 feet seemed to be consistent. I started deeper as that is what I saw on the screen but brought it up when flat line hit......