2023 DYP Sign Up!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

2023 DYP Sign Up!

Post by Detritus »

DYP 2023 Sign Up is Open!

The date is Saturday May 13th with a rain date of May 14th. It would be great if we could field at least 10 teams, so spread the word and let's make this a great DYP! Please sign up by clicking "Home" above: and then clicking on "derbies" and then "Draw Your Partner Derby". You will find the sign up sheet at the bottom of the page. If you have any problems signing up, please post your concerns or send me a PM. I am planning to draw the teams on or around or May 4th. Then if teams want to practice together the weekend before, they will have that opportunity.

For those that are not familiar with the DYP, I will explain. DYP stands for Draw Your Partner. You can sign up with or without a boat. The names of those signing up without a boat go in one hat, and the names of those signing up with a boat go in a different hat. One name at a time is drawn from each hat and those two people are paired up as a team. You can launch from anywhere on Lake Champlain in the AM, but you must be at the Converse Bay launch by 2:00 to weigh in your fish. The heaviest salmon wins. In the event of a tie, the longer fish will win. If they both are the same length, the first fish weighed in will be the winning team. The winning team gets a plaque and an engraved name tag will be made and be mounted on the plaque. Each team member will receive a plaque to hold until the next DYP. There will be a barbecue at the Converse Bay launch after the derby. If you plan to stay for the barbecue, please bring something to share with the group.

Remember, if you have kids 16 and under who would like to participate, you may enter as a family team. All of the same rules apply to you as a family team that apply to the DYP entrants, however you may never run more than 4 rods in the water at a time, to keep the playing field even with boats with only 2 fisherpeople.

I hope to see all of the old friends there, and a bunch of new ones.

Fish ON!!
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: 2023 DYP Sign Up!

Post by Reelax »

:D Please post here also so we can verify all who think they signed up in the Derbies page are included.

I will be fishing “with boat again..” :mrgreen:

This derby has introduced me to some of my best fishing partners over the years… I’m always looking for another..

Thanks for running it this year Jack and Joe:)

Fish on!
Matt B
AvgJoe
Species: All

Post by AvgJoe »

Signed up! Haven't reeled in another set of doubles since DYP 2022.
Attachments
20220521_074635.jpg
20220521_074635.jpg (195.82 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Thanks for putting this together, Jack! I signed up "with boat" but would gladly jump on with someone else if you don't have enough passengers.
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Our favorite tournament.

My partner Lloyd and I officially sign up for a family team with our own boat. We will fish very early, head out for his little league game and then try to come back for our weigh in. Hopefully, we land the winning fish at 6:30 am.

Kevin Camara- 802-363-9367
Lloyd De Ocampo 12 years Partner
Lea Camara- official boat driver
Attachments
DYP 2022.jpg
DYP 2022.jpg (168.42 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
FishPole Thinking
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Just a quick reminder to anyone who may be on the fence about entering the 2023 DYP Derby, the drawing is scheduled for later today. If you would like to participate, please sign up asap.

Again, to do so, navigate to Home, Derbies, Draw Your Partner, fill out the form, and submit.

It is a ton of fun, and the opportunities to learn and share from other anglers is unprecedented. An angler signing up "with boat" who has never participated before would be especially helpful.

Fish On!!

Jack
LarryDailey
Species: Bass

Post by LarryDailey »

Hey folks, I signed up the other day but I didn't have a username. So I re signed up with a username. My apologies about the double sign up but didn't want to miss out. Sorry for the confusion. Looking forward to it! Thank you, Larry
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

No problem Larry, I saw you on there, you're all set. It's going to be a great time, I look forward to meeting you.

Jack