Return after 3 years (since august 2019) IS LC

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Return after 3 years (since august 2019) IS LC

Post by DreamWeaver »

After 3 years, we made our return trip to LC on the inland sea (IS). It was great to be back on the this wonderful body of water.
We launched from Swanton and headed south. We started to set up lines along side of Butler Island. As I sent down the 1st line, I didn't have time to turn to set up the 2nd rigger, the line I had just sent down triggered. Strangely enough it turned out to be a good size small mouth bass.
LC_2022-07-30-bass.png
LC_2022-07-30-bass.png (741.01 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Finished setting up the lines and we trolled at 2.2 - 2.8 mph (GPS), with one rigger at 70' and the 2nd 40' in 75-130 FOW. We saw a few bait balls between 10' to 30', and lookers/followers come up on our lines, but no takers. There was a good NW wind as we headed back north.

In all we were very happy to spend the day on the waters of Lake Champlain.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Return after 3 years (since august 2019) IS LC

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you made it back in Champlain after so long... nice bronz back there. They seem to be doing well this summer... unlike the salmon. You can still get salmon in the sea but they are hard to dial in this season consistently...

Fish on!
Matt B
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Any day of Fishin'.... Is better than..........
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Welcome back to Champlain !

That's a nice big smallmouth. Once in a while I hook one while trolling around 50 feet down this time of year. They don't seem to fight as much as when they're caught the normal way but that's still a good fish you have there.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !