Willboro Lakers

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
hooks40
Species: lake trout

Willboro Lakers

Post by hooks40 »

Our annual trip up to the big lake. We fished Saturday afternoon through Tuesday morning, about 3 full days altogether with a number of naps thrown in for good measure. On Saturday, we could find only biters in 105-110 fow, then as the week progressed we found other groups shallower with the best groups in 85-90 fow. Our fishing is only jigging and drifting. We had 2 boats, but my partner and I had about 90 fish for the three days. We had a few less on Monday with all the rain. We find that sunny conditions with a decent chop are best for our approach. The fish ranged from 3-10 lbs, but we only had a few that really touched the 10 mark. Most were in the 6-8 pound range. In years past, we have had a few much larger. A big number of the fish had lampreys attached (we removed those and stomped the bad guys) All in all a great trip to a great fishery.

By the way, for the salmon trollers, there was a lot of bait stacked up off of willboro point this morning with some streakers mixed in. I know they could be gone by the time you read this, but it may be a place to start. Good Luck!
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Re: Willboro Lakers

Post by Fishinpole »

Thanks for the update. I will be there this weekend and hope to get out and try again for silver. It would be great if the bait stayed near the point. We also have been getting a lot of Lakers while looking for silver. The good part is we still have a lot of action and fun. Last time up Lakers came in 70-120 fow 55 ft down at 55-60 deg. Thanks and good luck.