Silver off stave island

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Goin-Deep
Species: Salmon, brown trout, steelhead

Silver off stave island

Post by Goin-Deep »

Hit stave and providence island this morning in search of some silver. Got 4 riggers set this morning between 45 and 65 feet. Had three riggers fire at once managing through the chaos we managed to land all three being lakers in the 7-8 lb range. Get all the gear set back up and about 25 minutes later side rigger fires and immediately I can tell it’s a decent silver, as he makes a big run up the side of the boat and jumps I get the net under him. A beautiful 4lb salmon witch in this day of time the way the fishing has been really excited me. All in all a great morning!
Attachments
B37E5E3E-0DD3-450B-8585-14843FFB911D.jpeg
B37E5E3E-0DD3-450B-8585-14843FFB911D.jpeg (205.31 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Silver off stave island

Post by Reelax »

Congrats on the nice salmon… thanks for sharing.
Matt B
ATLSALMON
Species: Saltwater & trout & salmon

Post by ATLSALMON »

Beautiful salmon way to go
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

landing three 7-8 lb lakers all at once sounds thrilling. good job not getting all tangled - was there just 2 of you on the boat ?

Nice salmon too, congrats !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

It must have been pretty exciting to catch and land 3 lakers at once. And the salmon is a nice bonus.
Thanks for your post and pic.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

:!:
Nice work.
The Salmon have dispersed for sure. I have been venturing to different spots and hooked up in places I never have! Thanks for checking on!!

Ej
Goin-Deep
Species: Salmon, brown trout, steelhead

Post by Goin-Deep »

It was me holding the fish. A guy I brought out from work in the back round and his girlfriend so it was cool to be able to land those three lakers with two people who had never downrigger fished before! I told em usually it Doesn’t go that smoothly with three fish on at the same time.
Skylander
Species: That which swims & tastes good

Post by Skylander »

Excellent news! I thought that they had forgotten directions on how to get there!
campskylandvt.com
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

@GoinDeep,

I definitely agree with the sentiment concerning hooking up new anglers with a positive experience for first timers. Your friend will be blowin up your phone all Summer and into the Fall now, until he gets his own Rig that is!
You seem to have a good handle on things, how's the luck been since? I have time stalemate on Salmon but plenty 8-12lb
Lakers to be had.
The way I figure it, the fish still got to eat and Summer's here which makes the whole lake and appetizer before dinner or breakfast. I've been seeing so much babe in places that I personally haven't marked any. But I suppose that's what it is right, The thrill of the chase. I know I won't stop. :!: :D :geek:

Best,
Ej(TruViking)