Inland Sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Inland Sea

Post by striper192001 »

Couldn't find anyone to play yesterday so headed out solo. Splashed at Sandbar at 6:30 am. Set up just outside the launch and headed for Georgia Shore. Picked up a small largemouth before I found depth. Had a small fish on for 5 minutes and lost it quick. Running two riggers 45-49 feet down with sliders and hadn't seem much bait yet. 2.7-2.8 on the gps as no fish hawk yet......
Rod is bouncing and I grab it and seems like a decent fish. I am getting it close and it looks like a fat 4 lb silver and I look and realize I never put the net back in after boating with family last weekend. I try to swing it right to livewell and ............yup, line broke. And took my only Crazy Ivan "Monkey Puke" lure with it. Made sure I picked up two more on the way home !
Picked up two more small salmon. Headed to launch at 10:30. Other lures were Rainbow Speedy Shiner and Needlefish.
No fleas there....
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Re: Inland Sea

Post by Dead lake »

You have to have two boats a family boat and a fishing boat and you will never have that problem. :lol:
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Ha..........at this age I am trying to simplify......lol
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

That is a heart breaking story…

Thanks for proving there is a salmon still down there:)

Matt
Matt B
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

At least we know there are still some around! Thanks for the report!
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Thanks for the report. The temperatures are still completely messed up in the IS. I checked it the other day and found 59deg at 100'! No thermocline at all. I did manage to catch a 19" salmon 65' down, so there are a few around. That fish came after 2 skunk trips, though. Been doing more warm water fishing lately since the salmon fishing has been so bad. The panfishing has been great! :)
Chazycuda
Species: Salmon, trout

Post by Chazycuda »

Went through the gut to IS on the 4th with my Nephew and found 55deg at 80’ we tried in 90 to 130fow no hits found bait and some fish marking various depths but no sign of active fish around the bait, we were marking fish and bait depth heading south and trolled back through at the depth we saw them didn’t help was a slow day got a youth silver 12” on leadcore with 8 colors on a copper/maroon mooselook and sm bass on sgcmshake. The 2nd half of the day we tried #1 sibiki rigs on the ball and on the cheater to try and make our little school of bait fish but no luck this time.
Some good news I got out on 06/11 to IS similar route and at the end of the day caught first Silver 18” 2.9lbs in 65fow on leadcore 6 colors on small copper mooselook wobbler.

Chuck
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Perseverance pays every time!