Can’t make this up

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Re: Can’t make this up

Post by Dead lake »

Great story, keep boat in gear, fish will come to back then net.
Big Bear
Species: Cold water

Post by Big Bear »

Yes, sent you a note back
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Big Bear wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:54 pm Sometimes reality trumps fiction. Fishing this afternoon off colchester reef. I am alone so decide to run cheaters. I get things set then see port line going nuts and by the time I get there I see a salmon jumping just off the boat. Main line still attached to the cannon ball. Suffice to say I miss him. Looks like he hit the cheater and swam up towards the boat. Unbelievable. Another 4-5 misses on cheaters and I give up and move the riggers up and abandon the slide cheaters. I catch this guy in the pics about 7lbs. Then bam I get a hit that starts taking line and drag. I stop the boat and fight this fish for 20min. Finally get it to the boat and its a HUGE Laker. Double the length of the one I caught. Since I have a 15’ 8lb leader up to a rudder it’s challenging to net it. I move my rod to the bow and start to pull the line with my net in my other hand. And? A huge Laker. Yes. A Laker. Jumps through the bottom of my net. I slow motion I see the net jerk out of my hand, the line break, the lure spit and my net sinking. Then I see this huge Laker slowly swim towards deeper water I and swear his tail fin was giving me the finger. 9BE5A66B-9138-46C2-87D2-DAE2DDAF56E1.jpeg
:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: