OMG ITS GONE

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Papatom
Species: Salmon

OMG ITS GONE

Post by Papatom »

Was letting out line and put it in release. Started to drop my ball with my fish hawk on it. It went about 3 feet and noticed slack in my rigger wire and before i could do anything rigger wire was cut out near my last roller on my big john electric rigger. EVERYTHING on the end of wire took off the bottom in 90 fow. Lost it all. I still really dont know what happened but somehow the cablegot cut by the pulley??
The fishhawk was the type u put the transducer on rigger cable. Its always been a pain to get it away clean with out some sort of tangle issue. Probablly just me but if u have one pay attention to every detail when you drop you ball.
Anyone have a spare they want to get rid of. Ill start looking for one. I know they sell them.
Unbelievable.
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Re: OMG ITS GONE

Post by Dead lake »

Every year I re terminate my wire after cutting about 4 ft off
Last edited by Dead lake on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

:? OUCH.

Sounds wierd but I run my fingers on each rigger cable on down run each trip to ensure my cables don’t have a kink leading to a broken stand leading to a severed cable. When I get a cut finger I know it’s time to change out the termination. Kinda hurts. But works.

Maybe yours jumped the pulley and got kinked inside and broke. Sorry to hear your loss..

Fish on!
Matt B
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Heavy sigh…… This does happen to some anglers that use a probe. I always have at least one spare as I view my fish hawk as important as my boat motor. They don’t give them away that’s for sure but the back up and the back up to the back up are always within a arms reach.
I have done some silly things to loose probes [yes several times). I once picked up from fishing Wagga and left my probe down…. Drove full speed to the ramp loosing all my cable, ball and probe!
Once had the ball and probe hooked up and sitting on the side of the boat and it rolled off the side, the cable snapped when it jerked……. Right to the bottom.
Hooked bottom and lost at least two….
I keep a real good eye on my cable condition but accidents happen….. obviously to me often. Don’t even get me started on how many rods and reels have gone over the side of my boat!
Todd
Todd
ATLSALMON
Species: Saltwater & trout & salmon

Post by ATLSALMON »

Working on a prototype to never have to worry about losing a probe again
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Tx for admitting to the dumb stuff we endure…. And continue to experience . Just yesterday I noticed one of my rigger cables was half worn thru. 8 inches above the ball . Just reading your post made me check just one more time. You saved me 30 bucks and maybe more!
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

I have to admit I have never looked at my cables. Is there a good place that shows how to re-terminate/crimp cable? I think I have a kit somewhere.........thanks in advance.
Papatom
Species: Salmon

Post by Papatom »

I like the scotty kits.. Kind of a pain but secure.
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Dido for the cannon terminations