First trout on our own boat

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
NorEaster
Species: Warm water

First trout on our own boat

Post by NorEaster »

Hello Everyone, This is my first post !! We bought a nice used boat 3 Weeks ago " I don't have a Boat Name Yet" and It has 2 Walker Downriggers on it. But we didn't have any Rods, So one of our Buddies gave us some old ones he had. Thanks James and our good friend COUNTRY ANGLER gave us some downrigger reels and lots of advice from Dilly Worm. We launched out of Converse Bay on Saturday 6/25. My Son and I both caught our very own Lake Trout off our Boat and Wow We are Hooked. We were fishing 25 ft off the release at 60 ft down going 1.5-1.7 mph. Nothing "Huge" but these are the first of many trout we will have on our boat that's for sure.
Attachments
20220625_092630.jpg
20220625_092630.jpg (147.89 KiB) Viewed 842 times
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg (92.86 KiB) Viewed 842 times
Pcraft237
Species: All

Re: First trout on our own boat

Post by Pcraft237 »

Congrats on the boat acquisition. Lake Champlain is a great place to fish.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on catching your first laker on your boat. Wishing you many more tight lines.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

You guys are awesome ! Great start to your trolling adventures in the new boat. We'll have to get the fleet together soon !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Welcome aboard. I think your forum name would make a great boat name!!! You guys are hooked now..

Look forward to hearing many adventures to come!!!

Fish on!
Matt B
Striperking
Species: Salmon Trout

Post by Striperking »

Sounds like a perfect maiden voyage! Be careful with your addiction. It could lead to purchasing 100 different spoons and still feeling the need for just one more!!😊
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Nice going guys...keep it up!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Hey way to go guys! That's so cool you guys boated multiple fish your first time out. I was just talking with Liam today about when we first started the whole cold water fishing thing aboard Detritus that first year. We had never been out with anybody trolling before, so, we had no idea what we were doing. We fished every week from April to July I think, before we caught our first fish.

We'd put in a couple of hours trolling with no fish, then go catch warm water fish after the skunk. Don't ask me how we stunk so bad at it back then, but we did. You guys killed it your first time out.

Thanks again for that loaner motor this week for the Dumpster. Liam and Brody have a Bass "Tournament" tomorrow against two other campsites. Weigh in is at our site at 11.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack