St. Albans Bay Master Angler Salmon (Back to Back)

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

St. Albans Bay Master Angler Salmon (Back to Back)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Little late getting this out there as we all know to well how tough it has been to catch any salmon over 20" this season. I had Ric Sprano a long time friend of mine boating his two personal bests about an hour apart a month ago. I added a second Go Pro this year to get additional video off the back rigger as well as my hat mount. The only problem this year out of 21 trips since January I have only had three fish out of 4 over 20" make it to the net to video!

I have been tracking my catch this season for salmon for the first time in 42 years for the USFW tracking fin clips. At the halfway point I have logged 21 trips totaling 102 hours and 34 salmon to the net and 24 missed salmon. No browns or steel to date. Only 3 fish over 20 inches. I typically fish 1 guest in my boat and average 5 hours a trip for those who are curious. The data from the Rotary and LCI suggest we are in a down turn this season something I always pay attention to. I haven't fished either derby since 1993. It does provide a fairly accurate snapshot of our fish over 20" for 6 days during the prime part of the season in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25E2eJ1NpSg&t=8s