Wolverine/Controlled Chaos LCI report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Wolverine/Controlled Chaos LCI report

Post by The River Rat »

Conditions were brutal Saturday and Sunday fishing outside Shelburne bay and even in the bay there was 3+ foot waves right up to the launch at the mouth of the Bouqette! Exiting the bay would tuck most anyone's nuts up in there stomache, tight constant 5-6' waves. Caught alot of lakers with nothing over 8#s to show, multiple doubles and a triple with no salmon to show during the tournament. We boated a beautiful 4#er Friday evening off a wonderbread Honey bee medium with 3 colors infront of it and Jim Martino in our minds. Fish all day Saturday and till 1 Sunday out on the main lake before we decided to switch it up and use some of our "Lefty" (Tunamas :lol: ) gear on into the evening. Boated a few nice drum and lost a GIANT smallie that would easly been on the 6# mark messing around relaxing before we headed North. Ended up fishing till around 1 am boating 2 eyes and loosing a couple others, 1 pig that reefed us during a double battle. Slept in till around 8 this morning and decided to just go enjoy ourselves exploring some areas before making the 3-4 hour trek home. Congrats to all who had a successful weekend and much encouragement to those that may not have, keep at it.
Last edited by The River Rat on Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A White
The River Rat

Re: Wolverine LCI report

Post by The River Rat »

On a second note there was only mabye 6-7 trailers at the Shelburne launch Saturday and literally 1 Sunday that we saw! WOW.... And we saw maybe 3 boats in our time out on the main lake, pretty good size ones to, 1 had about 40 people on it :roll: :lol:
A White
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

677197453.jpg
677197453.jpg (100.35 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg (98.21 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg (66.75 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
A White
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

All those fish seem hard earned Andy… great report. Appreciate the updates thru the weekend and I bet you guys were happy when the silver finally came over the transom!!

Fish on!
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Great Report! Tough Weekend!! Wonderbread Honey Bee is a killer!! Looks like lefty stuff works pretty good for you guys!!
Zackle Box
Species: everything coldwater

Post by Zackle Box »

TUnamas wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:54 am Great Report! Tough Weekend!! Wonderbread Honey Bee is a killer!! Looks like lefty stuff works pretty good for you guys!!
Hey TUnamas! its TMP zack. Where do you get these "honey bee" lures that everyone talks about on this forum? cant seem to find them? Hope you had a good weekend! thanks.

-zack
Zack L.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Zack - Honey Bees have been available on Tamiron's website. https://www.tamiron.com/Tamiron-Honeybees-s/103.htm
Jim just passed, so I don't know what is happening with the business as I haven't ordered recently. I treasure the several Bees I have acquired in several sizes and patterns, and I hope the business survives. Weekend was a good one. Saturday I was at Middlebury College with a few classmates whose son was part of the baseball showcase/try-out camp. It was a bit blustery, but Ben played great. Sunday I started in the office but spent a few hours pulling on bowfin (big ones) in the afternoon! I don't fish LCI, and conditions were tough, but the bowfin were chewing in the shallows once we could make decent bait!
Zackle Box
Species: everything coldwater

Post by Zackle Box »

Scott, thats horrible news to hear. I didn't know jim was the owner of the company. I have read some stuff on this forum about him and didnt make the connection. Thanks for the link, i will take a look!! The weather was rough and we got a little nervous after the trolling bar snapped off, but we still managed to fish through the waves! hopefully i can see you out there one of these days.
Zack L.
The River Rat

Re: Wolverine/Controlled Chaos LCI report

Post by The River Rat »

Caught the drum on one of John's Lefty reels, 4# test, serious good time
A White
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Andy - I joke about Lefties, but here's where I'm coming from as a fly angler. All of my reels are left retrieve. There is some thought that when fly crosses into blue water, one should be reeling with their dominant hand. I've been chasing tunas a long time on fly, and I still reel lefty! It just feels right to me with fly gear. Conventional? Either way, unless we are talking bluefin or century class yellowfin!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

TUnamas wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:44 pm Andy - I joke about Lefties, but here's where I'm coming from as a fly angler. All of my reels are left retrieve. There is some thought that when fly crosses into blue water, one should be reeling with their dominant hand. I've been chasing tunas a long time on fly, and I still reel lefty! It just feels right to me with fly gear. Conventional? Either way, unless we are talking bluefin or century class yellowfin!

There ya go talking about century class yellowfin on light tackle and fly again without making any invitations..

One of these days, one of these days…

lol

I’m ready for Cabo!
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Reelax - Check your texts! Maybe River Rat too?
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Wherever there's a solid bite that puts up a fight, I'm in!
A White
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

I like where this is going tho. Lefty, Lefty... Lefty, Righty... Righty, Righty... Righty, Lefty. Conventional and spin cast.. many stay on the same side, many switch. Scott said it, " comfort" , on Conventional I feel that comfort reeling with my right, feels natrual, and as if I have more power on a bigger fish, tho battling many species on lighter spin gear, reelling lefty, light line, I feel natural and like I have more control, tho I bounce hands often to run drag! Mabye it's something we learn, or are born with. I know that if I pick up a right retrieve spin rod I feel like a newby with little confidence immediately. Is there a right or wrong, with the fact almost all reels function in a certain direction, could it be that 1 way actually produces better results for its intended purpose. Just a simple thought with what I feel there's no rite or wrong... or should I say right or left. The whole fly thing throws another loop in this knot tho big Tuna. I agree, conventional does not bother me, nor with an 10 weight.
A White