Afternoon Report 6/15

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
BlackDucks&BrownDogs
Species: All!

Afternoon Report 6/15

Post by BlackDucks&BrownDogs »

Fairly slow afternoon out of Converse today.

Splashed around 4 PM and ran south of Split Rock. Zig zagged south for an hour through an aquatic desert. Few marks and no bait.

Ran north of Split Rock. Hit an average laker a little ways into Whallons. Saw a trace of bait and a few more marks. Pollen covered the surface and I had to check the lines every 10 minutes to keep the knots free from debris.

Ran over to Thompson's and zig zagged north. Hit a tiny salmon (like Matt described the other day). For a second I thought it was a cisco. A while later I stuck a laker approaching 30 inches.

The tally:

1 average laker on a CI Gold Digger down 50 feet.

1 micro salmon and 1 big laker on a CI SGM fished on 5 colors of lead.

The cheater did not produce today.

There were a few boats out. Hope they found a few more fish.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Afternoon Report 6/15

Post by Reelax »

Still a finicky season by the sounds of it. Thanks for the great report and fun read!

Fish on!
Matt B
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Ditto for me as well. Late morning start wit a lite northerly. Setup at the palisades and headed south to Barber pt lighthouse . Nothing but lakers up to 9 lbs. Any bait was way deep any fishing traffic seemed to be on the long troll so nobody was doing much. Reset later at Swifts with same results all the way across Town farm bay. Pine pollen on the water made the water look like a yellow river
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

I will add to this rather than start a post. We splashed at Converse at 6:30 am and headed for Garden Island. First release was best fish of the day that jumped 40 yards out and threw the hook. Short story is we trolled up tip of Thompsons and back and over to Cedar. We then went to Split Rock and had most of our luck there. We went 10 for 12 with all being small lakers and one micro salmon. We started at 30 and 40 down and were getting some fish on cheaters. Bait at Split Rock seemed deeper so put one rigger at 50 and we were stacking them. Surface temp was 65-67. Hot spoons were Red Canoe, Purple Brown Trout and Brown trout. Beautiful morning to be on the pond...!
nwhavnbill
Species: salmon/trout

Post by nwhavnbill »

I’ll add also small lakers and one small salmon. Bite seemed op turn on between 4 and 530pm then back to slow. Purple black and gold worked for us 20 to 40 ft down. Went out yesterday with similar results. Not sure where the salmon went??? Hope the show up for the Lci!
Bill