Where has everyone gone?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ATLSALMON
Species: Saltwater & trout & salmon

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by ATLSALMON »

Its because of the nuts in the Whitehouse we can not afford the price of fuel to take our boats out vote this year to get these crazy people out of office
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

I think the catch rate of Atlantic salmon has a lot more to do with the answer to that question. But I feel your pain about gas prices.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
stubborn1vt
Species: panfish

Post by stubborn1vt »

I agree with Tom about the catch rate. From what I hear from charter captains there are more fisherman on the lake, not fewer.

I sure do wish we could all stick to the topic of fishing, rather than armchair political "analysis".
ATLSALMON
Species: Saltwater & trout & salmon

Post by ATLSALMON »

Sorry for this post but it hurts when you work so hard to get & you can not enjoy your years of hard work because Washington does not care
sonny88
Species: salmon

Post by sonny88 »

I feel your pain Atlsalmon and have no problem with a short rant. I was talking to my wife today about filling my boat before i put it on the morring in Cape Cod, it may be $1400!
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

So my day didn’t go as planned. Rods were ready, net in place, beer on ice. Got 1/4 mile from dock and one engine sputtered and stopped. Opted to go on to troll in bay with other engine (boat fishing at the narrows). Lines in the water but thirty minutes later second end dies. Now the wind pushing us to northern side of Colchester outer bay. Gas showed just under half a tank.

Switched to second tank showing full. Struggled getting fuel to engines, squeeze bulb took forever to feel fuel. Engines wanted to start but no go. Dropped anchor as getting close to shore. Waited fifteen minutes, bulb felt right and tried staring engines. Starboard kicked in and let run for ten minutes. Port would not start. Opted to head back to the marina with one engine (slow) to deal with motor another day.

Not happy. Not sure if gas gauge is broken or crappy fuel. Fuel filters replace late last year. Good news is I have 90 gallons of fuel and will go back to the marina tomorrow to get port engine running.

Not sure when I will get back out to fish as daughter in NC being induced for second child tomorrow. When I get my first fish of 2022 you will all know it regardless of size or type!