Where has everyone gone?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Where has everyone gone?

Post by pfu »

I know I have yet to fish this year which is way to late for me but am I the only one? Boat is in the water so maybe next week.

Are people not fishing, just not posting or all the above? Always enjoyed the conversations and learning opportunities.

Is the forum dying or dead?

Promise to post when I fish!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I also noticed there is a lot less posting on the forum.
I know during the last 2 years Covid changed fishing habits between friends, but there are still multiple fishermen on the water at any given time and we want to hear from them.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

And we want to see pics too. ;) ;)
Pcraft237
Species: All

Post by Pcraft237 »

I’ve wondered the same. There doesn’t seem to be many fishing yet. Example- Last Sunday morning, great weather. Arrived at launch in Westport at seven. One truck and trailer parked. Came in at 11:30 only one more boat launched.
In the past there has been more fishing activity than what I’ve seen so far. I’ve been sharing my outings here, but seems that’s dropped off too.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I suspect for many it takes a trip to be proud of to
Post results. There may be less proud trips for salmon this year, it sure feels that way to me.

I still post just to share and help others if I can.

Just not a lot of pigs to show off so far…

But we haven’t given up, I can smell em down there;)

Fish on!
Matt B
sonny88
Species: salmon

Post by sonny88 »

I'm one of the guilty ones! Although I don't fish Champlain nearly as much as I used to and take my boat to the Cape around Father's Day. Dave and I fished last Tuesday and had a real day despite a strong north wind. Numerous lakers and one real nice salmon in three hours of fishing.
IMG_3438.jpg
IMG_3438.jpg (62.47 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

That's a nice salmon you're holding. Thanks for sharing.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

I've only been out twice, both times briefly with nothing to brag about! My time will come...
________
Mike
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

sonny88 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:03 am I'm one of the guilty ones! Although I don't fish Champlain nearly as much as I used to and take my boat to the Cape around Father's Day. Dave and I fished last Tuesday and had a real day despite a strong north wind. Numerous lakers and one real nice salmon in three hours of fishing.
IMG_3438.jpg
Dave looks
Like he has his hands full;)

Thanks for sharing:)
Matt B
MeanGreen
Species: lake trout

Post by MeanGreen »

I was out this Monday Tuesday at port douglas. Pretty hot action on flutter spoons (plazma and Sutton 44), 6 colors of lead and Downriggers at 50feet over water 60-90 feet at 1mph. First seemed agressive and were full of alewives hardly any smelt in the 3 we kept. Overall caught 20 lakers over 2 days, with the largest at 29”.
Attachments
DF1E88DA-F98F-4F02-818E-A0C648B761EF.jpeg
DF1E88DA-F98F-4F02-818E-A0C648B761EF.jpeg (168.75 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Play'n Hookey
Species: Lake Trout Salmon Walleye

Post by Play'n Hookey »

I fished mornings out of Wilsboro launch last weekend and this morning . We found lakers from 15 - 40 feet and were showing fish at about 100 feet . No takers at the deeper depths but did well up top mostly on dipsy divers with orange and CI Sausage Gravy Milkshake spoons .
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Post by DreamWeaver »

After not be able to get on the lake for 2 years, looking forward to getting back to it, and will make a solid effort to post regardless.

Tight lines and bent rods. :)
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

OK tomorrow is my day of fishing finally on Lake Champlain with my son. Based in Mallettes’s Bay so any pointers where to find the fish so I can add some pictures tomorrow greatly appreciated. Been way too long for me and super excited!
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

pfu wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:01 pm OK tomorrow is my day of fishing finally on Lake Champlain with my son. Based in Mallettes’s Bay so any pointers where to find the fish so I can add some pictures tomorrow greatly appreciated. Been way too long for me and super excited!
I would troll the 100 ft line in front of the Lamoile, also in front of Robinson’s in the Outter bay this time of year. You can also go out through the fill and hit the broad lake and do lots of fish between providence and stave and also out by hog back reef. Good luck and let us know how you do!!!
Matt B
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

I feel the pain i was side lined for the month of may due to work (annual outage) which started the 1st and ended the 27th. that whole time my boat has been at the mechanics getting a tune up and few other issues resolved hoping to have it back this weekend. i've only got one trip in that was an epic fail. Hoping to be out during the lci an after missing the trolling for silver seen. So tight lines and i will post when i get out for sure. cpmaple