Wilsboro Bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Play'n Hookey
Species: Lake Trout Salmon Walleye

Wilsboro Bay

Post by Play'n Hookey »

My wife and I I fished out of Wilsboro Bay Saturday morning for our first trip of the year . Found water temps from about 47 surface down to 39 deg. with some fish on bottom at about one hundred feet in the Bay . We made the swing in front of Hatch Point and started showing fish from just below the surface down to about 20 ft. . We picked up a 22 inch laker on a CI Sausage gravy milkshake with a white dodger at 10 ft back 35 ft. Nice morning , this is our second year of deep water fishing and we're learning every trip and enjoying every minute .
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Re: Wilsboro Bay

Post by TruViking »

Awesome Post!
Seems like you liked it up just fine.
Never to much to learn though and this is definitely the site to get that schooling!
Thanks for the report.

Best,
Ej(TruViking)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Welcome aboard!!! Thanks for sharing. Any info is always good info when your trying to decide where the best bite would be… was wondering how Willsboro was setting up…

Sounds like your hooked on the troll pretty well… :mrgreen:

Fish on!
Matt B
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

I was talking to Jim Martino of honeybee lures last year, and he brought up an interesting point. He asked how many square miles of lake we had here. I answered I didn't know, but, a lot. Then he asked how many square miles I fished of the total. I'm guessing most of the time it's less than 10, and on any given day of actual lure coverage, maybe 1? Probably less. He thinks there is fish to be found in places that nobody fishes. Up by you, there is a lot of lake that nobody fishes. Something to think about.

I haven't heard anything from Jim in a long time. I hope he's doing ok.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack