Converse 4-6-2022

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
getthenet
Species: All fish

Converse 4-6-2022

Post by getthenet »

I hit the boat launch at around 9:00 AM. A skim of ice at the ramp about 20' out. Made a few passes around the bay to no avail. Water temp still only about 34 degrees. Decided to make the run to the mouth of Otter Creek. Water temp jumped to 40 degrees at the mudline, up to 45 degrees at the mouth and outside Kellogg Bay to the green can. Thought sure I'd puck something up, but no. Stopped at several drop offs and humps on my way back to Converse. Marked hundreds of fish anywhere from 60' to 140' of water, stacked up against steep, north facing drops (15-20 MPH north wind). Tried drifting and jigging a 1 oz. white Spro bucktail right in the middle of them. No takers. Will try again next week.
BlackDucks&BrownDogs
Species: All!

Re: Converse 4-6-2022

Post by BlackDucks&BrownDogs »

I may have passed you as you were leaving the access area.

It was very slow in the PM. Landed one laker and saw the rod tip bounce one other time. I think I tried 14 spoon colors...

On a promising note, Town Farm warmed up a bit. Saw 40 degrees near Thorpe Brook. No silver.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Who is striking silver???!??

Someone must have hit by now!!?

Rain will help
Matt B
OmeG3
Species: Walleye

Post by OmeG3 »

Going out tomorrow rain or shine.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Planning on trying my luck again on Sunday. It sounds like wind will be a challenge, but had to stay off the water when I have free time!