VIDEO of State of the Lake Fisheries Webinar

Share info on fishing Champlain.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

VIDEO of State of the Lake Fisheries Webinar

Post by popster »

A recording of the State of the Lake Champlain Salmonid Fisheries 2022 webinar is now available on the webinar webpage.
https://www.uvm.edu/seagrant/programs/e ... isheries-0

You can also access the YouTube recording directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-geQXk51uI. Note that you can hover over the time bar to see and select a specific presentation.

Anglers, During the webinar, Jonah Withers of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service presented options for angler diaries and provided a link to a survey where attendees could provide their input on interest and preferred method for angler diaries (presentation is at time 2:01:45 in YouTube video). These diaries would provide valuable information to guide management of fisheries in Lake Champlain and its tributaries. If you did not do so already and are interested, please participate in the survey to help determine next steps for the program. Here is the link to the survey:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... FCVVVUSy4u

Kind regards,

Lake Champlain Sea Grant, on behalf of organizers from VTFW, NYDEC, USFW Service and LCU and TU

Julianna White (she/her)
Research Program Coordinator
Lake Champlain Sea Grant
Vermont Water Resources and Lake Studies Center
Northeastern States Research Cooperative
Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources, University of Vermont
julianna.m.white@uvm.edu
Bill
"POINTER"
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: VIDEO of State of the Lake Fisheries Webinar

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Bill for providing the seminar link.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Re: VIDEO of State of the Lake Fisheries Webinar

Post by TruViking »

Thanks for this.
In November, this past Fall, I was lucky enough to get a first hand look at the salmon lift in Winooski for the "UVM News Service/Newspaer that I work with at School and I was privileged to get the opportunity to interview the Head Biologist for Vt. F&W, as well as the Federal F&W Biologist, who both run the operation, at a very efficient and exciting level .
The Numbers we're not so Great, but better than last year.
The Fed Biologist could
Not emphasize enough how the Lamprey situation was the major concern.
However, at another station, there were some great reports. I was told of a 10.5 lb'er that was in one of the hauls!
If anyone would like footage from my interviews or the other published piece, I'd be happy to send links.
It's so important and crucial for us fisherman to maintain this beautiful opportunity that we have, and I think this site is exemplary for the preservation of the salmon population as well as showing what it is to respect the waterway I mean all things concerning Lake Champlain.

We have a pretty conscious and empathetic state in regards to our wildlife and the sports that our enjoyed and relished in our State. This posting that you did is just further proof of how much everyone cares and it destroys some ignorant people's thoughts that rednecks and hillbillies are out ravaging the waters and woods being reckless and not giving a s***. In fact, most of the super intelligent people I have met are directly involved with fishing, hunting, in some way or form.

Thanks again for posting this I'm going to watch this tonight.
Be safe.

EJ(TruViking)